Bandits Girl (Chapter 4)

Bandits Girl by: Faerie_Writer

CHAPTER 4

"Sleep together with you?" I said looking at him as though his mind were not where it should be. "I think not."

"I think so." Chris said staring me down with that smug grin of his, as he crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow.

"No." I told him.

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes." The grin seemed to have faded a little bit.

"No."

Chris let out a sigh, "You don't get much do you pet? I'm not giving you a choice. You're mine now, remember?"

I let out a growl, "I am no ones possession."

"I never said that. As I explained to our friend Mitchell earlier, a girl like you..." he pressed his fingers against my face pulling it towards him until our eyes met in an even stare, "is no mere trinket of war. You are like an exotic creature, a one of a kind girl."

I jerked my chin out of his grasp, and even though I couldn't see his face, I could hear the grin in his words as he said, "And a wild creature at that."

"Wild creatures are not easily tamed." I said, through my teeth with as much venom as I could muster, still not looking at him. I didn't understand how I went from thinking him kind to hating him so quickly.

"Ah, but I have the means to tame you..." and I heard from behind the familiar sound of a knife scraping it's sheath as it was being removed.

I let out gasp as I turned to find him, holding a sharp looking dagger in his hand. Nervously, I attempted to swallow the fear that rose up within me, but it was in vain, as I could feel my muscles tense and the hairs on the back of my neck rise.

Chris, seeing my discomfort of the sharp object laughed, "Calm yourself girl, this knife is not for you, but your binds."

He reached over and pulled my bound wrists toward him, and I couldn't help but flinch as the knife neared my skin.

Since Chris was oblivious to nothing, he smiled faintly at me, as he said ever so quietly, "Trust me."

For a moment, I could not help but think, 'Why would I ever trust someone like you?' But then I realized I had already trusted him before to keep my family safe, why not now?

Besides, if he really wanted to kill he would have done so when he had the chance at the tavern...

Wouldn't he?

But once again, I voiced nothing, and simply held out my bound wrists straight, without fear or hesitation.

Chris smiled, and it was not his usual smug grin or smirk, but a true smile, as he quietly said, "Thank you." And gently, carefully, he allowed the knife to slice across the rope.

Thank you? For what? And then I realized he was thanking me for trusting him.

"You're welcome." I told him, eyeing my wrists as the final strands of rope broke away.

I rubbed my wrists with my hands, trying to soothe the irritated skin, and looked at Chris. Ok, so the rope was gone... now what?

Chris looked at me, and then nodded towards the tent flap, "Go."

I blinked. "What?"

"Go."

I stared. "I don't understand."

Chris sighed, and gave a small lighthearted laugh, while saying, "Of course you don't. What I'm trying to do pet is propose," his eyes gaze met mine, "a trade."