• Chapter 29 •

Karl and Luke didn't decide for us to go out to eat or anything normal for two grown men with wives and kids of their own separate. No, no, no. They decided that we go to the local Aventureland, and play games and live off of junk food for the night.

Currently, Luke and Karl were in competition with AJ, whom had joined them, in playing Rockstar against each other. They all haven't eaten tonight, though, and that includes myself, of course. I wanted them to eat something, even if it was junk food.

"Hey, guys. Are you hungry? I can get you something if you are," I said to them, seeing that Karl was deeply focused into playing a guitar-solo in a song. "Want something?"

From behind me, AJ pulled out a twenty-dollar bill and handed it to me. "I want a cheeseburger and fries," he said to me before he kissed me on the cheek with a smile.

"Alright," I smiled at him before turning to Luke and Karl. "What about you guys? Up for anything to eat right now?"

"Yeah, I want whatever AJ's having," Luke added, banging his head towards the music. He then turned his head towards me with a toothy grin. "Burger and fries. Thanks, Britt."

"No problem," I smiled back at him. "Karl? Karl Anderson? What about you?"

"Ugh," he groaned, trying to nail the next beat or whatever. "Just, uh..."

"Karl?"

"Nachos and cheese, I guess," he stammered out after hitting the last chord and turned towards me with a huge smile. "Thanks, Mom."

Asshole. He is truly an asshole; though, he's my friend. He's always been that way. Even back in Japan, I was always taking care of those boys. I always made sure they had clean clothes and their gear ready for the night. Every little thing I did for them. Maybe one day they can pay me back somehow.

They paid for their food and sit it on a booth's table for them when they get done with their little game. I had already started on my own meal, which was the same as Karl's, surprisingly enough. While Luke and AJ were twinning, so were Karl and I.

They hogged down their food like they hadn't ate in years while I held a nacho in my hand, watching them while the people – the terrified kids – around us stared. I couldn't believe these athletes, these profession wrestlers, could do such a thing.

Within five minutes, they were all done and running back off to their games. I'm dating and best friends with child, I thought to myself, rolling my eyes. But I kept on chewing my nachos, mentally apologizing to the scared kids that were left.

After sitting there for a while afterwards, I was starting to get bored. This evening was made for the three of them, without me. So, I stood up and headed for the door. I paused at the door, smiling at the three of them playing these games like they're still children.

I called for a cab and it got there a few minutes later, so I headed up to our hotel room and it was about that time I was getting a call from AJ.

"Hello?" I greeted him as soon as I answered the phone.

"Where the hell did you go?!" was his greeting back to me, clearly furious.

"I'm at the hotel," I replied back, calmly.

"Why?"

I shrugged and admitted, "Because you guys deserve some time alone. Have your guys' night out, it's okay."

I heard him growl, then a scuffle happened. Then... "Britt? It's Karl. Where did you go?" So, I told him exactly what I told AJ a few seconds ago. "Oh. Why? Didn't you enjoy taking care of us kids?"

I giggled and replied, "Yes, of course, but it's you guys' night out. I didn't want to ruin that."

"You're not, Britt," he growled and I could practically feel him rolling his eyes. "You've always been one of the guys and just because you're dating AJ, doesn't mean you can't hang with us."

He wasn't wrong, but he also didn't see where I was coming from, either. So, I laughed and said, "Goodbye, my first child. I will see you guys later, but I may be asleep before you do, so... Until tomorrow."

"AJ says he loves you and we all do," Karl said, which warmed my heart. "Bye, Mama!" I didn't say anything else, just smiled and hung up.

So, I placed my phone on the charge and went over to my luggage, digging through it for some sleep clothes. I found my black leggings and AJ's shirt to wear to sleep.

I undressed with much struggle while the shower started up behind me. I stared back at my naked body in the mirror. With my body all exposed, my eyes nearly immediately looked at my belly. I ran my index finger around it, forming an oval, and wished it was bigger and with my baby inside of it. Just mine and AJ's baby.

I was skinny and fit, and obviously very healthy. Although, I love wrestling to death, but I would be very okay without it in my life a while, so I could care for a child of my own one day.

I trailed into the shower and began to wash my body, starting with my hair and working my way down. Then, once my body was taken care of, I focused back on my belly and it immediately gave me chills. Tears poked at my eyes, but I couldn't cry for what I don't have... Yet.

However, I got out and dressed for bed. I snuggled into bed, with covers and all, and turned off the light. I was going to go to bed and sleep peacefully for a while.

"You'll be okay," He promised me in all his grace. "If you pray hard enough, you'll get what you've always wanted."

"Children of my own?"

He nodded with a pleased smile and replied with: "Indeed, my child. Although, would you be grateful with just one?"

"Yes. Of course, Father. One is better than none at all."

"And do you wish you have a baby boy or girl?" He asked, yearning to know.

"Either is fine, as long as the child is healthy and happy, please."

"And, tell me, child of Mine... What do they call the long piece in a solo act in a song?" He questioned and I didn't think I would know the answer.

It hit me like a lightning bulb went off in my head. "Aria?"

"Yes, that! That's the name you will name your child one day!"

Aria... "Aria, what?"

"Whatever you want, dear..."

———

AJ's P.O.V.

"Aria... Aria...," I heard Britt mumbling to herself in her sleep as I crashed side her in bed. Aria? Who the hell is Aria?

I was going to shake her until she awoke, but I couldn't bring myself to do that. She was dead asleep and dreaming about someone named Aria.

• This chapter sucks as a homecoming, but I think (since I'm getting a lot of time off next week) that I'm gonna get back on schedule with this story and start updating to please the people like amoresputa and TheCandiceJ because my diehard fans deserve better than this... I DO LOVE YOU ALL! TYSM for beer giving up on me 💚 I really do appreciate it and ALL the many blessings you guys gave me with this story! Also... I was thinking of sequel, but I'll let u guys kw later bout this 😏 All the love .xx •