• Chapter 6 •

Later That Same Night...

Only a few minutes after AJ and I discussed the new plans in our storyline, we got word that it was time to go out to the ring to confront current WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Roman Reigns.

When AJ and I made our way towards the curtains for showtime, we can clearly see and hear Roman on the TV provided backstage that he's making it clear that he's ready to take on all comers and even used his new one-hit liner about not being the good guy or the bad guy... He's just the guy.

That's when they decided to play AJ's music and we made our way out, earning a huge pop from the crowd. We made our way down to the ring and I grabbed a microphone for AJ, handing it to him. Roman still seemed very unimpressed, as suspected.

Though the interaction between them was not necessarily hostile, they did seem to be sizing each other up for their impending showdown at the next pay-per-view, Payback.

While AJ made it clear that he had been the champion all over the world, which I know very well, Roman asserted that to be the champion in WWE, he would have to have beat him for the World Title. That's when he was started to try to close out this discussion by saying that AJ would never beat him and never will.

AJ wasn't about to say anything, so I took the mic from him a little too forcefully and brought it up to my lips. "Excuse me, Roman, but may I say something before you throw up your title to show you're the guy again?" I practically squeaked out, but it got his and the crowd's attention – even AJ's, honestly. I was really pissed by what he said and I wanted to prove myself and AJ as well, of course.

"Go ahead," Roman allowed and motioned towards me like he was handing over the spotlight to me. Gee, thanks!

"I'm sorry, Roman, but I don't like the way you're talking to AJ," I pointed out and Roman smirked, which actually angered me more. "You don't understand who you're actually talk to, do you? That's AJ Styles. He's known by many nicknames, but – most of all – he's definitely known as a champion."

That gave me a big pop from the crowd, but only an unimpressed smirk from Roman once again. Though, he didn't interrupt. He let me keep talking and say my piece.

"With that said, Roman, he isn't some poster child or pretty boy"— I stopped to look at him— "although he is very handsome" —then, turned back my attention to Roman— "that is here to earn a paycheck and leave unsatisfied. He is simply here to prove himself like he has done everywhere he has gone in the world. He's here to become champion and leave as champion, too. He will beat you, Roman, and will leave as champion. I can assure you of that."

Roman now was laughing, like this was all just a huge ass joke to him. So, then, I brought the mic back up to my lips and said a bit louder to him: "I'm sorry, but is something funny to you, Roman Reigns? I didn't find a damn thing funny about what I just said. Did you, AJ?"

At this point, AJ was staying out of it while Roman's grin disappeared and he was back to being dead serious again. "You better watch your mouth, sweetheart," he warned me and I didn't know what I wanted to do next. "And, uh, AJ, why don't you control your lady?"

"He can't control me! Haven't you figured that out yet, Roman?" I was now practically standing right in front of him, even though he was way taller than me by a long shot. I wasn't backing down, though. Not now or ever. "This is clearly not the Indies anymore, but I'm still the same bad-ass like I've always been. I don't stand down to anyone. That includes you, Roman."