• Chapter 23 •

— That Night —
• AJ's P.O.V. •

I took a swift right as soon as the light turned green. I was currently racing around all over Hartford, trying my best to find that club Britt went to and is at right now. It was past midnight and she still wasn't back at the hotel yet.

Of course, I am worried about her. No matter what, I will always care about her. I've known her longer than I have a lot of people still in the wrestling business today. I can't just... I can't just not care about her anymore, just like that.

I go down a few more streets full of clubs and found the big club known as Room 960. I parked nearby and stormed out of my rented SUV to get inside.

I bolted inside the madhouse where everybody's on top of everybody and that only made me fear more as to what the hell Britt's doing at the moment.

Through the mess, I finally located Emma and Zack sitting down at a table together. I made a beeline towards them and asked frantically, "Where's Britt at?"

Zack sat there while Emma began laughing and then, pointed over to the dance floor. "Over there, getting real cozy with Nick!"

I smirked at her, but then spun around and seen Nick, otherwise known as Dolph Ziggler, hovered all over my Britt. I mean... Just Britt. I'm about to go freaking nuts as I start towards them. I got close enough to see that they were making out in the pit of the madness of the dance floor.

Oh, hell no! This literally ignited the flame within my body heat where I'm now pissed the freak off. So, I do the one thing I could do in the heat of the moment. I went right up to them and shoved Nick off of her rather very harshly.

He opened his mouth in disbelief as I grabbed ahold of Britt's wrist and pointed in his face. "You touch her again, you'll regret it!" I threatened him and began to take off.

That wasn't before I heard Nick call me back and I turned back around. "She wanted it, man!" he claimed, which made me roll my eyes. Of course I don't believe him, considering what she told me earlier today. However, Britt is totally drunk off her ass at this point and too far gone.

Finally, I take ahold of her hand and tug on it. We began escaping out of this place and I heard her innocently, "Where we going?"

And I replied, "As far away as possible from here. Now, let's go."

Before I can even get her out of there, Nick yells behind my back: "The only reason she's going with you right now is because she's in love with you! Has been the past fourteen years now, dumbass!"

What? I had no time to say anything because now I was pissed off, confused, and having to take care of a drunk Brittany Daria.

Nevertheless, that confession came down on me like a ton of bricks from a falling building — only because of what Nick just said, concerning Britt's feelings. I'm not sure if I even believe him.

I heard Britt giggle as we reared near the truck and say, "Oh, my Gosh! AJ, guess what?" I didn't guess, just let her go on with it. "I kissed Emma tonight! It was a dare, though!"

I rolled my eyes and huffed, not believing she could such a thing. Despite that, I put her in the passenger seat of the truck and I made my way around to drive.

All I could focus on was what Nick said just a few minutes ago. The only reason she's going with you right now is because she's in love with you! Has been the past fourteen years now, dumbass! How would he even know that? Did Britt tell him something in her drunken state of mind?

• • •

— TNA Wrestling, 2002 —

"This is going to be great, Britt!" I told my best friend, partner-in-crime, and tag-team partner, Britt Daria. I smiled wide as she did, too.

"You know you deserve better than this company, AJ," she reminded me, which quickly changed the mood around. "You deserve WWE. That's where everybody wants to end up at some point, right?"

I nodded, not denying it. She had a point, after all, because almost everyone wants to end up in the big leagues known as WWE one day. Unfortunately, for Britt and myself, we haven't got the call up. I've made a few appearances there and in WCW, but there was nothing for me, so they let me go. TNA, on the other hand, has an opportunity for not only for me, but for Britt, too, if she takes the offer that's on the table.

"Yeah, but this will be alright for now, right?" I asked of her, like I needed her permission. In a way, I kind of did, but it's only because I value your opinion and I do need her by my side. Always.

She shrugged and somewhat grinned. "Yeah, for now, it is," she agreed, which made me grin. Something sparkled in her eyes when she realized that I was smiling at what she said. "Just know that I'll always be your biggest fan."

With that said, it made me smile even larger than life could imagine. She's said that one-hit liner there for as long as I've known her and to be quite honest, I hope she does for the rest of our lives together. Even after we're both old and wrestling's out of the way, I hope she'll still be able to tell me she's my biggest fan.

"That's the spirit," I finally spoke up and devoured her into a big hug as she, of course, hugged me back tightly. She sunk into me like I was her memory foam bed at the end of a long day at work. I didn't mind this, of course.

"I'll do anything to make you happy, AJ," she whispered into my chest and could feel her smile into it, as well.

Truth of the matter is that I would do the same thing for her, but she doesn't know it yet. I want to please her and make her happy as much as she makes me happy, but she's Britt and she's stubborn as a mule. She's told me since the day we first started tagging together in the ring: "The only way I can be happy is if you're happy, too, AJ."

One day, I will make her as happy as I am. Somehow, I will. I won't stop until I do.

• 'Ello, amigos! This is such a short (and kind of a fill-in chap, too), but it's all good, I swear 👌🏻 Anyways, next chap will most likely be another fill-in chap, too, but the chap AFTER that... That's the chap (25) that will have u guys on the GD floor! Also, 26, too! I can't wait!!! But we gotta get through this next chap, then y'all can die (happily, I may add) 😊 All the love .xx •