• Chapter 2 •

– April 4, 2016 –
(The Night After WrestleMania 32)

I was walking around backstage at April fourth's addition of Monday Night RAW and it's the night after WrestleMania 32, which took place in Arlington, Texas. Last night, I wasn't in a match as I would have liked to. I did, however, convince my best friend and my forever partner-in-crime, AJ Styles, to let me accompany him to his match against Chris "Y2J" Jericho.

AJ didn't win, but he left that building with lots of respect, nevertheless. That's expected, of course. He is "The Phenomenal One," after all.

As for tonight, however, it's already been announced that in the main event, it's going to be a Fatal Four-Way for the number one contender for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship that's being currently held by Roman Reigns. In this match, it's going to be Chris Jericho versus Kevin Owens versus an returning Cesaro versus the one and only, AJ Styles.

So, as of right now, I'm still walking around backstage, but I'm headed towards one room specifically. That is until I spot a door that has a little sheet of copy paper that reads: McMAHON'S OFFICE. Bingo!

I stopped right in front of the door and began knocking on it. A few seconds later, going on a complete minute, the door comes open and Shane McMahon is standing there in a classic suit, minus the tie, and colorful sneakers.

"Hello, Britt," he greeted me with a very genuine smile, calling me by my real name. "Come on in." He waved me inside and I entered with his permission.

It was now just himself and I in this little room with a couch and huge flat-screen television. He signaled the couch and I shook my head, denying to sit down. "It won't take long," I assured him and he nodded in response. "I only have a quick question, that's all."

"Alright, then what's up? What's on your mind?" Shane asked instead, swaying back and forth in place. God, Shane was such a great guy. Really and truly he was. To be perfectly honest while not trying to be weird, he's always been my favorite McMahon out of all three. Don't tell Vince or Steph!

I also swayed in my place, but side to side to avoid any suspension. "Look, Shane, I hate that it feels like I'm going behind your sister's or even AJ Styles' back, but I was wondering if there was any way – like back in our days – if I could go back to being AJ's manager or valet, whatever it's called these days?"

My whole mission was to get back into AJ's picture again, even though it sounds like intervening, I'm really not. So, by the look on Shane's face, he seems uncertain about my suggestion. Nevertheless, he shrugged and also nodded all in one motion.

"Honestly, Britt, I love the idea. I do, and it's really because of the strong history you and AJ share prior to coming to WWE," he admitted, which only made me feel a little bit more hopeful in his ultimate decision. "You see, you two have something special. A man and a woman have went through hell and back with each other, but stayed next to one another all the way through. It's awesome, it is."

Ah, shit. I know what he's about to say and it's going to nothing but pipe-dreams. He'll say something like, "But, Britt, we have these HUGE plans for you. You'll go over here and be champ. You don't need AJ and he don't need you." Here goes nothing, I guess.

"So, that's why I think, against Stephanie's wishes and demands, that you – if it's alright with AJ – can officially go back to being his full-time manager," Shane promised me and I think I'm finally about to lose it. This time, however, it's out of happiness and excitement. I start to smile wide and clap like a mental seal until Shane holds his hand up and continued, "And as long as you don't get as annoying as Paul Heyman, then I'll work it into everything."