• Chapter 14 •

• AJ's P.O.V. •

— 2004 | 13 Years Earlier —

Two-thousand and four had been quite a year so far. My wrestling career was still taking off successfully, but it was coming together smoothly. It would eventually as I lie all my trust within God, Himself.

Of course, I'm just a man. One man. I can only take so much from this world and its lustful temptations. The past year and a half, I've been traveling with another fellow wrestler known as Eliza London. She has a real name, though, of course. That would be Britt Daria. She literally hates it when I call her Brittany, which would technically be her real first name.

She's such a beautiful young lady with a bright future ahead of her right now. I'm twenty-seven, as of this year, and she's a new twenty-one year old to this world. She doesn't know the lustful temptations I feel... Yet, but she will. It's only a matter of time.

Instead of going out drinking with everyone like average new twenty-one year olds do, Britt didn't want to do that. She just wanted to grab some pizza and chill for the night. All she had was me now, after all, since Paul was off doing bigger and brighter things elsewhere. So, I promised her that I would take her out for pizza after our show tonight.

That night when she hugged me, all I knew was that I never, ever wanted to let her go. Ever.

• • •

— April 18, 2016 —
(Present Day)

Tonight for Monday Night Raw, we're actually live in the beautiful place known as London, England. Every time I'm here, I have to soak it in all over again. God, this place is so great, really. The name, itself, only reminded me of one specific person in particular and that would be Britt, of course.

I'm patiently waiting outside of Shane and Stephanie's office while he's in there talking to Britt about these "big and better" plans he has promised for her. Hell, God knows she really deserves a damn push. She's wanted to get here as long as I have, but she's always waited on me to go first.

I hope they don't give her another empty promise that ends with her in pure disappointment. She's had so many hopes and dreams going into this career here at WWE, but they haven't always came through with her. Her name's been ran through the mud, which she doesn't deserve at all.

I tapped on the wall I was leaning on right now to try to pass time, but my mind was stretched. Nothing was helping by easing the daily frustration and aggravation I feel for myself every single day. Heh, it all leads back to Britt at some point or another.

When I first kissed her, I couldn't believe it, myself, and I'm the one who recommend doing it just to get it over with. I didn't expect my long obsession with those lips to get the best of me. Yes, I do admit that I have always wanted to touch her body like I did – and still do – but I could never because of my marriage.

I crushed on Britt for the first two years I knew her, but that was until my wife became pregnant with our first child. I had to throw my petty crush to the side in able to focus back on my wife and new baby. Britt, however, stayed with me every single second leading up to Ajay's birth. Hell, she was there in the waiting room when I came out and announced that it was, indeed, a boy. She ran right to me and threw her arms around me, congratulating me with a huge smile.