• Chapter 10 •

— April 12, 2016 —

As soon as I woke up this morning, I ate me some good breakfast, gulped down some orange juice, brushed my teeth, changed, and headed down to the hotel's provided gym. Tonight is when we film the taping of SmackDown, which is located in San Diego, California.

Last night, AJ and I had some new passengers with us and that would be Luke and Karl. AJ and I didn't really speak after our first on-screen kissing scene, but Luke and Karl sure made us talk to them, of course.

In all honesty, and as hard as it is to admit, I kind of regret kissing AJ the night in that hotel. I regret ever asking Shane for us to partner-up again, only for it to lead to what it has now. In life, every girl and guy dream dreams of kissing their crush just at least once. For me, however, it's ruining a long ass friendship that we've created with each other.

So, while at the gym, I had my earphones in and my music from my phone blaring. Nobody else couldn't hear it, except for me. I just kept to myself, seeing other wrestlers here with me, of course, but they kept to theirselves as well.

It was about eleven o'clock already and I had been here for about an hour and a half so far. I'm so exhausted, but it's better than having a dead silent conversation with AJ. I felt so frustrated over all of this and I don't know if he even realizes that, either. I would cry, but I'm always around him, so I can't. It's gotten to a point to where all I want to do these days is scream from the top of lungs.

I kept lifting weights and counting each that I did. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven... That until I felt a tap on my shoulder and glanced up at who did it. Sure enough, it was Emma and her real-life boyfriend, Zack Ryder, standing together smiling down at me.

I put the weights down on the ground gently and paused my music, so I could take our my earphones. "What?" I used this as my greeting, even though I knew it came off as rude. So, I tried to recover and say, "I mean, hey. What's up?"

"Hey, Britt," Zack first greeted me with a smile and wave. I did the same back.

Emma posed herself up, which was place her hands on her hips, really. "So, hey, Britt," her Australian accent squeaked out. "I was wondering if after SmackDown tonight that you and AJ would like to go out to eat with Zack and I?"

Wait... What? "Um...," I stammered out, glancing around and feeling the pressure. "Like a double-date or something?" Zack and Emma both nodded. "Well, you do know that AJ and I aren't together like that in real life, right?"

Her and Zack exchanged a look of concern, but she turned to me with a smile and nod. "Of course we know that!" Emma stated, clearly knowing her details. "You guys are still my OTP."

"Emma, don't—"

"One True Pairing," she went on to explain, even though she completely cut me off. "I really wish you guys were together. I mean, y'all have been best friends for such a long time. It would only make sense if y'all end up together in the end."

"That's the problem," I injected, which left her confused. "We're simply best friends."

"With benefits, obviously," she accused, making up assumptions now. Zack looked to be uncomfortable and she noticed this. "Sorry, sweetie, it quickly just turned into girl-talk. You can leave now." He began to walk away and she called after him: "Love you!" She turned back to me and begin to say, "Anyways—"