• Chapter 19 •

— The Next Day —
AJ's P.O.V.

The very next day in the afternoon, we find ourselves back in the U.S. Our next show for Raw is in Hartford, Connecticut, and we're already here.

Well, we're about five minutes – tops – from the hotel. As I spy through the mirror to see Luke and Karl snoozing in the back next to each other, I also spy from the side of my eye that Britt is, too. They were still tired from the flight and I was, too, of course, but I offered to drive, so I guess that's my fault, too.

However, as I glanced at Britt, it just reminded me of the same little things and comments have lingered in my head ever since last night. Hell, I couldn't even sleep because of them. It was all because of what Britt confessed to me.

She wanted kids. Her very own kids. She wanted to get married. Most importantly, she wanted to be happy. Was she not happy now? I mean, we're living the dream together. Then again, maybe that's the problem, though. It's always been us together. Not even in storyline we've ever had has she ever turned her back on me. It's always been us.

And since it's always been us together no matter what, that means that I've always taken her and her happiness for granted. All the times that I've been happy, I've always expected her to be happy, too.

Thinking back to those times she seemed unsure about something and it felt right to me, she always went ahead and agreed with me. All to just make me happy in the end. All these years, it hasn't been about her. Unfortunately, it's been all about me and it's taken me so long to realize it until now.

I suddenly slammed on brakes before entering the parking lot to the hotel here in Hartford and they all woke up in a rush. "What the?" They all said at separate times, but within the same minute.

"We're here," I announced with a greedy smile. Karl rolled his eyes, Luke closed his again, and Britt rubbed hers to wake herself up fully.

I find a free parking space and pull in our rented SUV into it. Then, I turned off the vehicle and start to get out. They don't move a muscle, so then I exclaimed: "C'mon, guys! Let's get going!"

With that, they all now start to get out and start to get their stuff out. Once they do, we head inside and immediately to the front desk where a lady stood ready to check us in. We told them who we are and everything, and she gave us all a key.

"C'mon, AJ," Britt hurried me with her and the guys, but I stayed frozen in place in front of the front desk.

"No, y'all go on," I told her, eyeing the guys behind her. "I gotta ask the lady something first." They all obeyed and went to wait in front of the elevator. I turned to the front desk lady and asked softly, "What do you suggest I do for someone who really deserves the world in this town for tonight?"

She smiled and seemed intrigued that I even asked. "Well," she squeaked out first, eyeing Britt from afar, "first of all, would it be that girl you're talking about?" I nodded and smiled, revealing my red cheeks. "Well, I would recommend for someone like her that deserves the world something absolutely wonderful. Of course."

"What do you suggest I do, then?" I asked of her, trying to get some idea here.

"Well, dinner seems pretty normal," she replied with a small smile. "So, um... Well, you should make her dinner and y'all have game-night or something cute like that."

"Gee, thanks," I smiled at her and left the desk to join my friends at the elevator.

"Finally," whined Luke, who seemed relieved that I had finally came over.

"I told y'all to go on without me," I reminded all of them, pressing the button to go up. Only a few seconds later, the door dinged and separated their doors. "Now, let's go."

We went up in the elevator in silence because most of us were still tired and desiring sleep again. Finally, when we got up to our floor, Britt and I separated from Luke and Karl for two different rooms – that were right next to each other, though. I figured that they were going back to sleep.

Once Britt and I put our stuff to the side, she laid down all on one of the provided beds and closed her eyes. I, on the other hand, started to make a list out for the groceries I would have to get to make us dinner tonight.

I went over and kissed her warm forehead before leaving without another sound.

• • •

I'm gone for maybe thirty minutes and when I get back, she's still knocked out on the bed. A matter of fact, she's all sprawled out and her head is covered by a pillow. She obviously didn't want to be bothered and it's not my place to do so when it's her day off.

I look at the time on my phone that reads 5:43 PM, so I figured that I should start getting dinner ready with the provided kitchen here in the hotel. I set up everything and begin to cook the steak, getting that prepared first. After that point, everything is set.

Now that she's asleep and I'm free to think, I have to sit back and take a moment to think through tonight's plans. I'll feed her, allow her to feel like the queen of all things, and then what?

Whatever I tell her tonight could either break her or make her feel complete once and for all. I have to rethink everything when it comes down to Britt, especially, because she's the one freaking person I have had by my side ever since day one. She's always been my best friend, partner-in-crime, tag-team partner, and so much more. Until very recently, she's been something much more to me.

I've ruined her and her chances of ever having a real relationship, though. In a strange way or another, I've suffocated her without ever knowing or even realizing it. I care about Britt, I do. I always have and always will, but is this what I want? Is this what either of us really want in the end?

I'm a thirty-nine year old man that's thinking and living like the twenty-seven year old that I once was. If only had Britt came in my life before Wendy and it certainly had been different for the both of us. I could've gave to Britt what she's always wanted and that would be marriage, kids, and happiness. Even now that I'm no longer to Wendy, could I still give that to Britt? Probably not, but it's still possible.

She's right. She's always been right. It's not fair on either of us to keep up this pathetic game of mixed signals and feelings if it's not going to go anywhere whatsoever in the end. For when she said that last night, I nearly ended it right then and there, but... She said to stay and that's why I couldn't leave. She was crying and an emotional mess – and I can't leave her, even if I tried.

I love her...

Oh, shit, wait. Damn.

For that matter, it still won't matter in the end of how either of us feel or think. Because now... Now, I know what I have to do.

• I fucking HATE myself for this stupid ass fill-in chap, but... Eh! We got a final confession from AJ's POV!! What up, bruh?! I mean... Uh, anyways... Next chapter MAY require some tissues if any of y'all actually like this story as much as lyssaababeee and I do 😊 LOLZ! Anyways, next chapter will leave your heart 💔 and I just want to go ahead and apologize in advance! So, also, I DON'T have to work tomorrow (YAY ME!), so if I have to stay up and work all night on the next chap, then so beat it! Also, I'm going to my dad's tomorrow afternoon where he has wifi! I'll be making the NEW cover for lyssaababeee 's newest WWE Fan-Fic called "Don't Walk Away" about *WAIT FOR IT* SEXY-ASS Daddy Karl Anderson 🔥🔥🔥 So, with all of that said... All the love .xx •