Crazy night

Copyright © 2016, Linda Gonzalez - All Rights Reserved

Chapter 1

Patricia Kelly

I glance nervously towards my best friend, Sam Brooks, who gives me a reassuring smile in return. Sam pulls out two almost real-looking ID cards and hands me one of them. The right corner of the card has a picture of me, smiling with my slightly crooked teeth. The name beside my picture, is supposedly the false name that Sammie's friend had given me for the night. My fake signature looks messy but real so my insides stop swirling with unease a tiny bit. I squint down to the D.O.B. on the card and almost turn on my heels to abort mission.

"It says I'm nineteen!?" I swivel around to glare at Sam, while shoving the card in her face. She slaps my hand away and continues to observe her fake card with such intent that she would probably burn a hole through it if her eyes were laser beams. "I do not look nineteen!" I shriek, flailing my card around the cool night air.

Sam's eyes widen as she slaps my hand down for the second time in a row. "Please yell a bit louder, the people over there,"-Sammie jabs a finger behind her-"didn't hear you." She nudges me brusquely in the ribs with her sharp elbow to silence me. She starts pushing me from behind towards the entrance to The Bar. Coming from inside the giant brick building, is the sound of pounding music and the scent of booze. "You'll be fine, Pattie," she says quickly.

"Are you sure about this?" I hiss, trying to get her to slow down so that I wouldn't be the first one to enter. I didn't want to be the first one people laid their eyes on. Sam was the sexy one of the both of us; she should go before me.

"Of course I'm sure!" she hisses back in my ear so no one eavesdrops on our conversation and tries to expose us. We pause in front of the door to The Bar. "Ready?" she says breathlessly as she eyes the building excitedly.

Before I even get the chance to respond, Sammie's already pulling open the heavy brown door. I embrace myself for really, really loud modern/dance music. Once, I'm partly used to the loud music, I look around the small room where a man is checking everyone's ID before letting them go in. A young couple rushes in enthusiastically before us and I recognize the guy from my English class. He probably got an ID from Sam's friend.

The giant, broad-shouldered man stares at us, scrutinizing us with his eagle eyes. He's a bit over-weight and has a large brown, pouffy moustache under his huge hairy nose. His bald scalp reflects the dim light and the occasional colourful flashes coming from inside. His name tag reads Drake.

I gulp silently before handing him my fake ID card. My heart gallops in my chest as my body goes rigid when he examines it carefully, checking every small detail. My heart stops abruptly and I try not to flinch away when his dark brown eyes shoot up to observe me. I look back at him shyly, trying to keep his gaze evenly.

"Maria Brown?" he demands suspiciously, squinting his eyes at me as if waiting for me to blurt out I'm illegally here. I nod my head quickly.

Drake's eyes flicker to Sam next, and I don't miss the small smile that appears on his giant lips. Sam always attracts everyone's attention without even trying, mostly from the males. I guess it was a good thing that I went first then or else Sam might've not been able to distract him.

I roll my eyes as Sam confidently shoots him a flirtatious smile while shoving her ID at him. Drake doesn't even look down to the card, he just holds it while staring at Sam's sculpted body.

Her hands snake towards our cards expertly then she purposefully trails her index finger seductively on his hairy arms. "Thanks, Drake," she makes sure to purr his name to drive him crazy. He steps back as if in a trance to let us pass, his gaze lingering on Sam's perfect rear end.