Chapter 37: The blind man's story

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Yes! Yes we are, have you seen any?" Paul questioned.

"Well, I-I h-haven't seen a-any, I'm blind!" the man said sadly, shaking his head, and a wave of guilt and disappointment flooded me. 

"But I-I can st-still h-help out! L-last n-night, I h-heard two teenage g-girls talking t-to eachother wh-when I was ab-about t-to go to sleep." Suddenly, his voice got louder and clearer. "One if them had a f-french accent..." everybodys shoulders drooped, "at first." They all raised again. 

"What do you mean 'at first'?" Paul asked.

"W-well one girl was wondering where h-her friend had gone, she had described her with, um, 'b-brown, st-straight hair, short nails-s and green and ha-hazel eyes'. The oth-ther girl replied back in an american accent saying she saw her r-running down the r-road and when the other girl was about to run off, she s-squealed. I reckon she realised that it was who she was looking f-for."

We all smiled at the story and everybody's eyes brightened at the description of Robyn. Now, we knew that she had definitely been here.

"What happened next?" Paul asked.

"T-they began talking again, like f-friends and were laughing and o-one said, 'R-Robyn, what the hell did you d-do?!' or s-something like that."

"That's our girl!" Harry said excitedly, jumping up and down.

"Why did she ask what Robyn did?" Paul questioned, ignoring Harry.

"Well, there was a s-silence and then she exclaimed t-that she had got-gotten a tattoo and Robyn replied saying, 'yeah, t-two.'"

She got a tattoo?! Awesome!

"Then the other girl said that if R-Robyn could get a make-over, then she should get one as w-well and they left."

"So they did get make-overs..." We heard Jen say from the end of the walkie talkie.

I forgot that they were listening.

"Did they say anything that'd help us figure out what they looked like?" Paul asked.

"Um, I'm afraid not, but after the other g-girl changed her look, they came back out and were talking about the tattoos again. This R-Robyn girl said she had a dragon tattoo and a peace s-symbol whereas the other girl has a yin yang symbol and  a s-sillhouette of a bird. I can't tell you where t-they're placed..."

The man stayed still while he talked and looked as though he was staring at the Urban Outfitters store behind my head, even though I knew he couldn't see anything.

"After they had both gotten their make-overs, they began to talk about m-moving to W-washington... and I-I know that this is-isn't an important p-piece of information f-for you, but on the way p-past me, she gave me s-some money... y-you can take it if y-you need it..." The man suddenly looked sad.

"How much did she give you?" Liam asked.

"W-well, I can't count i-it beca-because I can't see, but here-" the old man handed me some notes from his pocket.

I counted the money. "Wow!"

"How much is it?" Paul questioned.

"£200!"

I smiled at the boys as we were suprised by Robyn's generousity towards the homeless man, and I gave the money back to him, also giving him some of my own as he gasped. "Here, I've added another £200, so here's £400!" 

"Here's some of mine, too!" Niall exclaimed, handing the man another £200.

"And mine!" Liam gave another £200.

"Yep!" Louis, Harry and Paul gave the man £200 each.

"Alright, so overall, here's £1400!" I explained, smiling at my best friends.

The old man looked flabbergasted and his mouth opened and closed like a fish. "I-I c-can't t-t-t-take this!"

"Of course you can! Take it!" I exclaimed, grinning. It felt good making this poor man happy and giving him a new chance in life, maybe even saving him.

"T-T-Thank you! S-ssoo much!" He yelled, shaking the fist full of money in the air.

"No, thank you! You helped us to find Robyn again! We can't thank you enough!" I explained with pure happiness. We could do it.

We could get her back.

ANNA'S POV

"Alright, Vanessa, I'm on my way home from the diner now!" I said with my best english accent. I needed to keep in character at all times, you never know when somebody was listening to you.

"Hurry up though! I want to watch Pitch Perfect!" Vanessa exclaimed excitedly.

"Ok, ok!"

"BYE!"

I laughed and hung up on my mobile phone as I walked out of the diner's door. "Bye Ronda!" I yelled to the lady who worked here fulltime. 

"Bye, honey!"

I gripped onto my umbrella as I walked down the street and the sky was fading into darkness. The cold winter air blew into my face harshly, as though trying to push me backwards, but I faught against it and continued to walk. The final leaves that were hanging onto the stripped trees broke off and fluttered like butterflies, effortlessly. 

I turned down an alley way that lead to my apartment's building and heared a snap from behind me. I smirked to myself, finally satisfied that I was going to get to kick some butt.

I stopped walking and pretended to shake as I felt the man's cold breath hit the back of my neck. "Hello, princess..." the cold voice whispered.

"W-What do you want?" I asked, forcing fear into my voice.

"Hmm... I think you know what I want..." the man said, chuckling.

"Oh, yeah?" I asked with a smirk.

"Yeah..." he replied, running his hands to my waist.

"Well, lets get started," I husked, making him slightly suprised.

Then, I span around in a flash and whacked him across the head with my umbrella. He was knocked sideways and I used this time to kick him to the ground. He landed on his back with a grunt and I sat on top of him, my legs on either side of his waist. I chuckled and ran my finger up his chest teasingly , leant down and whispered "having fun?"

Before he could reply, I whacked him across his face with the hook of the umbrella, making him lie there with a dazed look.

"Call me," I whispered in his ear before walking off with a strut.

Washington is great, isn't it?