Chapter 21: The Truth of a Horrible Past

Dominic’s POV- Saturday

I woke up in Blu’s arms, i’d fallen asleep on my bed with him after the episode with my mother. He doesn’t even know me, what I was, who i’ve been or what i’ve been through; yet he still tells me he loves me, and gave me an organ for goodness sakes.

It drives me mad, if he knew the truth would he still feel the same way, done what he did, probably not. I stood up and looked at my self in the mirror hanging on my wall. He could get anybody he wanted, he’s rich, pretty famous, and sexy, that’s for sure, it’s not like i’m his only choice; that boy could get Channing Tatum for god’s sake. I just don’t understand why, why is it that he chooses me, a pale skinny nerdy guy that couldn’t even talk up until a week ago. There’s nothing special about me, top it off with the fact that i’m so screwed up there’s no reason for him to want to be with me. I studdied my face and looked down at my body, I wore boxers from sleeping. I looked like I always did, pathetic, skinny kid that probably couldn’t lift a teddy bear. There’s no reason for Blu to be interested in me.

“Yes there is.” I heard him whisper in my ear, I gasped, I hadn’t realized i’d said the last thought aloud. Blu wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder. “You’re beautiful Dominic, you’re smart, you’re funny, a great cook, artist, and person.” he whispered, “I don’t want you to ever feel like you’re not good enough.” he turned me around and looked down at me sadly. “Or to ever let anybody treat you like you’re less, because you’re the most important thing in my life and you deserve the world and beyond.”

“You don’t even know me.” I whispered, “I’ve done things, known people, and been a different person than the one you’re looking at.” I began to shake as I thought of my past, “If you knew the kind of person I was, you wouldn’t look at me the same ever again.” I hung my head as I pulled from him.

“I don’t care if you used to be completely different Dominic, I’ll love you the same.” he pleaded to me as I turned my back and sat on my bed. I stared up at him, anger and sadness welling inside me,

“Could you love me if you knew I was addicted to drugs and alcohol, that I smoked nearly a pack of cigarettes a day for two years. That I went out, broke into peoples houses and stole shit because I could and my buddy wanted to. I’ve done shit that even Nat doesn’t know about.” Blu’s jaw dropped as I spoke, “I went out and partied every night, not caring how that affected me, or anyone around. The only reason I quit doing drugs and drinking was because one of my kidneys failed, leaving my second one weak and torn up, that’s why the allergic reaction made it fail.”  I wiped away a tear that rolled over my cheek. “And that isn’t the worst of it." Blu kneeled down in front of me, since I was sitting on the edge of the bed as I began to cry. 

“Like I said, I don’t care what you’ve done, gone through, or who you’ve been. You’re you now, it’s all in the past Dominic. I love you and nothings going to change that.” he cupped my face as I choked out a sob,

“My mother beat me.” I whispered hoarsely, closing my eyes as tears spilled like a river, “Because i’m a boy.” I added. Blu sighed, I opened my eyes to see him looking up at me in despair. He pulled me into a hug and held me tightly as I cried into his shoulder, he didn’t say anything just held me and comforted me as the rest poured out like word vomit, meeting Kev, becoming addicted to drugs, stealing things, the abuse by my mother and sisters, and how the only reason child services ever came was because Kev was caught by the police, how he’d spilled about me and Nat since the only reason he didn’t before was he was usually wanted for some crime.

Once I’d calmed down I was laying with my head on Blu’s chest, his heart beat a soothing rythm to my mind, my waist laid in between his legs with my arms wrapped around his torso as he laid against my headboard, his hand lazily ran through my hair as the other one rubbed my back gently.

“I still love you.” he whispered, I nodded in understanding as he lifted me up and laid with me on the bed. I intertwined our legs and wrapped my arms around his neck. “And I’ll be here for you no matter what.” he whispered kissing my forehead. Just as I completely relaxed and was beginning to fall asleep on his chest my father entered the room.

“Dominic...” he said worriedly. I sat up with Blu and raised an eyebrow, “You’re birth mother is fighting for legal rights to you, she’s trying to win custody.” he gave me a solemn look, he knew I didn’t have a good history with my birth mother, but not the whole truth.

“What are we going to do?” I asked,

“She’s got a pretty solid case, the child protection services had told her the day you were taken from her and the day you were adopted that if at any time she fixed her parenting she could fight for legal rights, and if she proved she’s fixed herself, she has a high chance of winning, if you have a bad lawyer. They’ve got the proof, and probably have a bitch and a half up their sleeve to try to blind side us.” he sighed as he sat on the bed. "But i’ll be working on the case so don’t worry, the only thing is, I will need you to go to the trial.” I nodded, not worried too much, my fathers won every case he’s ever fought, this one can't be differerent, the only issue is sitting in a room with her and not breaking down.

*     *     *

Hey guys, sorry, school's been chaotic, winter percussion started, i'm nearly failing my AP class XI so yeah, lots of stuff i've got to deal with.

Also sorry it's short, but if you guys want i'll try to update it quick as all my homework will allow

Let me know what you think, I love hearing feedback :D

Vote=Hug, Comment= Kiss, and a Follow= A Cuddle