Chapter 19: Evans Rosania

-Three days later-

I sob escaped my throat as I watched the nursed roll out the pale golden haired boy, his hair was a mess and had bags beneath his eyes. My hand rested on the side of his face, he was cold and didn’t react,

“I can’t believe it.” Nat choked out as tears streamed down her face and Paige held her. Chase’s hand held Dominic’s as tears grew in his eyes, the nurse rolled him back down the hall and Chase turned to me as a tear escaped.

“Gosh we’re acting like he died rather than just went through transplant surgery.” Nat said with a chuckle, tears still streaming down her face

“He better give you a second chance after giving him one of your kidneys." Chase said as he pulled me into a hug, bending over since I was sitting in a wheel chair

“And a big kiss, or else i’ll kick his ass." Paige murmured as she continued to hold Nat.

"I'm not losing him!” she flinched as I yelled and stepped back, giving me a frightened look, "I can't,  just can't lose him, please. You haven't tested me. Try me, try anything to keep him." the nurse gave me  a sad look

“Mr. Massie, it’s highly unlikely that you’d be a match, he has a rare blood type-”

“So do I, now please, i'm begging you, take the test. I'll do anything. Please." the nurse sighed and bit her lip,

     "I'll tell the doctor, don't worry darling." she patted my shoulder and left the room as I rested my forehead on the back of Dominic's hand, praying i'd be a match.

“Favara family, Dominic is begining to wake up. If you’d like to see him you can.” the nurse said as she gave me a smile before leaving the room.

“You go see him Blu, i’m sure he should hear from you first.” Nat pushed the wheel chair I sat in towards the door as Chase, Paige, and Dominic’s parents agree’d.

As I rolled into the hospital room on my wheel chair my eyes landed on Dominic, he sat upright in the hospital bed with the blanket bunched at his waist as he drank from a glass of water. He noticed me and set the water down, looking at me with tired eyes.

‘Hey, what are you doing here?’ he wrote on his board as I moved the wheel chair I sat in to be next to him.

“I came back from New York after Nat told me you were in the hospital, how are you feeling?” he shrugged and ruffled his hair lazily then set his hand back down beside him.

‘I’m tired and my stomach hurts.’ I chuckled and set my hand on his,

“That’s probably because you just got out of kidney surgery.” Dominic gave me a confused look as my fingers intertwined with his, “Your kidney was failing, and the only way the doctors could save you was if you got a transplant.” he nodded slowly,

‘Why are you in a wheel chair?’ he motioned to the wheel chair as he signed,

“Because, I was the only one that matched your blood type and had a kidney to give. The doctors said I have to use this wheel chair until i’m fully healed.” my other hand brushed the hair out of his face, “You don’t know how scared I was, I thought I was going to loose you.” my voice cracked and I began to shake lightly as he went to write on his board, I saw the first word and smiled, “You don’t have to thank me, having you here and alive is worth it.” he blushed at my words and bit his lip.

“But you know you could always thank him with a kiss too.” I heard Paige whisper from the doorway as her head peaked in. Dominic smiled and pulled his hand to his lips and gently kissed the back of my hand that was held in his. “Not what I meant but i’ll just hope you’ll give him the kiss later.” she said with a giggle as she sat on the edge of the bed at his feet.