Chapter 20: What's Behind Door One?

Friday ( January 4‘th)-

“Paige put the oven to four hundred and fifty degrees.” Dominic instructed her as he mixed ingredients for chocolate chip cookies, to my surprise he was talking a lot more often since he’d opened up to me.

“Okay Domi!” she giggled as she turned on the oven. I was sitting beside Nat at the table across from Chase and Tiffany.

“I bet I could kick your ass at an arm wrestling match.” Nat teased Chase, with a devlish smirk, intagonizing him

“No way you could.” he retorted with a chuckle,

“Don’t mess with Nat, she’s tougher than she looks.” I warned him, he brushed me off and smirked,

“Lets go.” he set his arm on the table and held it ready for an arm wrestling match, Nat took his hand and laid her elbow on the table,

“Tiffany you be the ref.” Tiffany stood up and held their hands,

“Ok, I want a clean fight, no using the other arm, no phsyching the other out, and babe if ‘ya get your butt handed to ‘ya I won’t think any less of you.” they nodded in understanding, Chase grumbled something about unsupportive girlfriends, making Tiffany giggle, “Ok... one, two, three. Fight!” she let their hands go and they went at it, for a minuet their arms stayed in a middle, then their arms leaned towards Nat’s side, meaning Chase was winning, then it went to the other side, and back and forth, getting close to one winning then the next. The doorbell rang, but Nat and Chase didn’t flinch, “Can you get that?” Tiffany asked. I nodded and left the room to answer the door.

What’s behind door number one? A creepy hag in a grey dress suit that looks a size too big for her with her lanky arms and legs, she looks like she’d been stretched in a machine, she was scowling as she stared down at me with icy brown eyes and brown and grey hair tied in a bun that was so tight it looked like it was about to rip out.

     Beside her was a young woman that looks my mom’s age with flaming red hair and soft cream skin, she wore a dress with it’s sleeves to her elbows and the top half stripes in black and white, the skirt of the dress was a red-orange color and she wore a pair of sunglasses that covered her eyes.

“Hello do the Favara’s live here?” asked the hag lady, her voice was gravely and old,

“Yeah, why?” leaning in the door way I crossed my arms.

“I’m Ms.Sailer, and i’m looking for someone, could you get me -” she was cut off by the sound of Nat screaming ‘Told you I could win bitch!’ and Dominic squealing as Paige laughed. Next thing I knew Dominic was walking through the living room with batter on his face,

“Paige threw batter at me cause I told her we cant make the cookies pink.” he pouted,

“I’m making them pink anyways!” she called from the kitchen

“Go ahead ‘ya ass hat!” he wiped some of the batter off and smeared it on my face, then stuck his tongue out at me.

“Who’s thi-” he turned his head to see the woman and Ms.Sailer, his face went ashen and froze,

“Oh.... Evans.... my baby.” the woman whispered, taking off the sun glasses to reveal a set of molten silver eyes, the woman reached out to touch his face but he flinched away, “Evans? Darling it’s your mother don’t you remember me?” she cooed, stepping closer with a look of sadness in her eyes as he glared daggers at her.

“Don’t you dare call yourself a mother.” he growled, mentally killing her with his eyes as the woman stepped back in shock but relaxed and came near again. She put her hand to her mouth,