Chapter 6: Leather Jackets and Finger Paints

Okay, so I would have posted yesterday, but I was camping and had no internet XI but here it is~

Oh, and the song on the side is the music that's in the story later, so yeah. I'll tell ya when to play it

Dominic’s POV- Saturday

I sat in my kitchen, mixing the ingredients to homemade blueberry muffins from scratch. Hearing the shower start up I assumed it was either Chase or Blu, being Blu slept over last night. To my surprise he hasn’t hit on me since Monday night, only sending me friendly smiles when we’d make eye contact.

“Hey...uh... whatcha doing?” I turned my head as I continued to mix the thick paste of blueberry muffin batter to see Blu sitting a bit behind me on a stool beside the island watching me cautiously. Setting down the whisk I grabbed a pen and paper,

‘Making Blueberry muffins, why?’ I replied on the paper, there’s no need to be cruel and reject him if he isn’t hitting on me. I dug through the cabinets until I found a muffin tray, to my dismay, it was up on the top shelf, way out of my short reach.

“Just wondering, uhm... you need some help there?” he chuckled softly as I turned around and nodded. I couldn’t keep my eyes off his beautiful body in his tight white shirt, as he stood up to walk beside me to the cabinet, and reached up to grab the pan, not even needing to stretch one bit with his height. I blushed softly as he handed me the pan with a confident smirk.

Once the muffin batter was put in the pan and the pan was in the oven I turned on a timer on my phone and rinsed the bowl and whisk in the sink. When I sat beside Blu he turned to look at me, his head resting in the palm of his hand as he leaned against the counter of the island.

“When you do that hand thingy... that’s sign language right?” he asked as his dark green eyes peered into my grey ones. I nodded a yes, making him smile, “How do you say my name in sign?”  I smiled back at this question, then slowly signed the letters B, L, and U, mouthing the letters as I did. Blu nodded and ran a hand through his hair,

“Do you think you could teach me a few words in sign?” Blu asked awkardly, running a hand through his hair again. I shrugged, it’d make it easier to comunicate if he knew the basics.

A couple minuet’s later Chase walked in the room in shorts, scratching his head he grabbed a muffin off the rack.

“Ey, Blu, try Dom’s muffins, this boy can cook.” he smiled as he took a bite of the muffin and gave me a hug after ruffling my hair.

‘I’m not that good Chase.’ I signed before fixing my hair shyly as Blu took a bite of the muffin.

“Woah...” Blu mumbled as he finished the food in his mouth, “This shit is as good as your moms cooking.” he said before taking another bite, verbally moaning at the flavor, making me blush a darker shade.

Blu’s POV- Sunday afternoon

I walked around my house in a pair of sweats, going commando, because why not, Aunt Kayla and Gab are out on baby shopping for the day, Nat’s off with some girl she met at the club, and Chase is at some sport thing with his parents.

I walked into the backyard with a cigarette in hand, Gab’s garden took over the majority, but there were two tree’s in the corner of the yard that held a hammock. I lit the cigarette as I laid back in the hammock taking the smoke into my lungs and exhaled the smoke over my head slowly with the cigarette in between my fingers, if Gab or Kayla knew I smoked they’d kill me. As I lounged there I began to hear a soft melody playing, it was beautiful, sounded like an acoustic guitar, coming from the Favara’s yard.

(Cue the music XP )

Only person there should be Dominic, I thought to myself as I put out the cigarette and hopped the fence, following the relaxing melody. As I came to the back entrance of the house I noticed the back door was open, and thats how I heard the soft music. When I entered the living room my eye’s landed on Dominic, who sat in the middle of the room cross legged with a painting sat on a short easel in front of him, to his right and left were small bowls of different colors of paint and a foot away from him was a cd player, the soft music floating through the room. I stood a couple feet behind him as he dipped his fingertips in the paints, adding a few strokes or dots of color, before wiping his fingers onto a towel that had become a blur of many colors just to dip his fingertips into another color.

As the music continued to play he continued to paint, the image on the canvas was a mess to me, but it seemed Dominic had a plan of what it’d become and the fact it looked like a canvas with a few colors here and few colors there didn’t seem to phase him.

Wipping his hands onto the towel he reached over and paused the song on the cd player, turning to look at me with a raised brow,

‘Any reason why you’re in my living room watching me paint?’ he signed with a tilt of the head.

“Sorry, I uh, heard the music, and got a little curious. I’ll leave you to yourself.” I began to shuffle out of the room, my back to Dominic when the colorful towel landed on my shoulder. I turned to see Dominic smiling,

‘You can stay.’ I smiled back and sat beside him, setting the towel in front of him as he played the music again and resumed painting.

As the image on the canvas began to form I noticed the focus and concentration in Dominic’s eyes as he went from one color to another, building to a painting of a man standing he used his fingers to make the majority of the painting, and any details he used a tiny paint brush. His weight was shifted to his left, with his head turned downward with a smirk playing on his lips and his right hand running through his hair to cover the rest of his face behind the smile. The other hand was hooked in the front pocket of his pants, his pants being the only clothing he wore with his stomach, arms and chest having defined muscles. Once the man was finished Dominic bit his lip and tilted his head, studying it, then looked to me with wide eyes, asking what I thought with the look he gave me.

“It’s beautiful.” he smiled and blushed as he looked back at the image, biting his lip again and sighed, squinting his eyes.

‘Somethings missing.’ he signed as he stared harder at the picture, as if giving it a glare would make it tell him what he wanted to hear. Suddenly his face lit up and he wiped his fingers off on the towel, grabbing the small paint brush he added lines and shading so the man was standing in an empty white room. He bit his lip again and squinted his eyes before dipping his fingers into the black paint and making an odd shape with the it. Blowing on the paint for it to dry quicker, a minuet later he added detail with the paintbrush so the shape transformed before my eyes to look like a leather jacket lying on the floor. Signing the bottom he smiled and took the painting off the easel and looked at me again.

“You amaze me at how good you are at painting.” I murmured with a smile as I continued to study the male in the picture, “Who is it?” I asked, looking up to see his eyes grow wide and mouth fall open slightly in shock as he blushed a million colors of red. Biting his lip he continued to blush and handed me the image before pointing at me shyly.

*     *     *

There it is my loveiles, Domi's so cute in this chapter :3

Anyways, Vote/Comment if you liked it! <3