|| twenty || cold feet ||

Everyone congratulated them for the engagement. Maine was still in shock but thanked everyone and the party continued until midnight when the guests started to say goodbye.

It was a fun celebration, and everybody enjoyed the food and the music and Maine had been busy saying thank you to everyone who approached and to talk to her and RJ.

She finally had a talk with him alone, her parents were still outside entertaining the remaining guests. Dean was still drinking beer with his friends and her sisters had gone home with their husbands who had work early the next day.

"Hindi maalis ang ngiti ah," RJ smiled, they were in the kitchen having their midnight ice cream once again.

"Eh, grabe ka naman kasi, Love. Inaano ka ba? Ba't bigla bigla?" She asked in her childish voice.

He threw his head back and laughed, "Eh sure naman ako eh, and nag usap kami kahapon ni Tatay habang nag gogolf kami. Actually, siya pa yun nagbigay ng idea na magpropose sayo since Kuya Mike said na ikaw magbibigay ng speech daw, so ayun pinlano namin. We actually finished the game earlier kahapon at sinamahan nila ako mamili ng ring,"

"So ikaw na yun favorite manugang, ganon?" She giggled, feeding him a spoon of ice cream.

He smirked, accepting the ice cream. "Tama naman si Tatay eh, sabe niya sakin ano pa daw problema ko't bakit hindi na lang ako magpropose kaagad agad? Ilang beses niya ako tinanong kung sure ako sayo, at ilang beses ko din siyang sinagot na OO sure na sure ako. Sabe ko sa kanya na kahit halos tatlong buwan pa lang tayo nagkakilala, I've never been so sure in my life since nakilala kita, Nicomaine."

She tapped his nose with the spoon, making a cute face at him. She smudged a few ice cream at the tip of his nose. "Nakakagigil ka Doc RJ, alam mo yun? Gusto kitang halikan pero baka ano pa't manyare at mahuli tayo ni tatay at bawiin ako sayo," she giggled.

"I can't wait to go back to Tagaytay para masolo ulit kita at makatabi matulog gabe gabe. I mean, mamimiss ko yun family mo pero love, mas namiss ko katabi ka palagi." He confessed,

"Okay, we will leave after Lucy and Miggy's wedding. OK, Love?" She said, kissing the tip of his nose and removing the ice cream she placed there. He nodded and smothered her face with ice cream as payback.

-
The next day was spent with Sam showing RJ around Bulacan, and then playing golf once again with Nico and Tatay. Meanwhile Maine and Patricia had decided to go on a girls day out, shopping for Maine's dress to wear for the wedding. Since she was just a guest, she just needed to find any cocktail dress that go with the motif. According to Patricia, Lucy had picked light pink and white motif.

"Actually, Lucy sort of want to have lunch with us today but I told her I have to ask you first," Patricia looked at her anxiously.

"Yeah go ahead, pwede naman eh." She nodded, and Patricia immediately took our her phone to text Patricia, Maine left her for a while to try on a long satin rose coloured dress. "Hmm, I kinda like this one." She told Patricia after she got out of the fitting room.

"Ay bet na bet ko yun slit!" Patricia grinned, " Hashtag Stay strong Doc RJ," she giggled.

"Kunin ko?"

"Yes! Sana parang ganon na lang din ang bridesmaid dresses, mas sexy pa tignan. Yun bridesmaid dress para akon don... basta! It's unflattering!" Patricia complained, Maine just laughed.

"Ano daw sabi ni Lucy? Is she going to come to lunch with us?" She asked,

"Yep, she'll meet us daw anywhere we want,"

"Pepper's Grill na lang," she looked at her watch. "We'll go there after we're done here,"

She paid for the dress and the shoes to go with it. She stayed and browsed for a few more minutes before finally leaving the shop with Patricia. Using Patricia's car, they headed to Pepper's Grill restaurant, which took them twenty minutes because of traffic but were able to arrive before Lucy whose house was just a few minutes away.