|| sixteen || honeymoon phase ||

Warning: Mild SPG

"Good morning," Alden woke his girlfriend up, showering her with kisses. She groaned as she slowly opened her eyes.

"Love, ang sarap ng tulog ko eh!" She playfully slapped him on the chest when he wrapped his arms around her. "Pinagod mo na naman ako kagabe!" He gave her a cheeky grin, she made a face at him for being smug.

"Ready na ang breakfast ma'am," he told her sweetly.

Two weeks had passed since their hiking together and since the first time they'd made love and everything seemed to be the same but different, who would have thought that Doc RJ would be ten times sweeter and more caring as her boyfriend than as her next door neighbor? They continued with their daily routine, having breakfast together before heading to their respective work. RJ rarely slept in his own house, he would always sleepover at Maine's

She looked at him confused, "What time is it?" she asked, her voice still sleepy.

He grinned, leveling his face to hers to kiss her again and pulling her closer to his body to snuggle. "It's 10 o'clock na,"

Her eyes widened, and she immediately got up from her bed. "Love naman, ba't di mo ako ginising ng maaga?"

"Eh ang sarap sarap ng tulog mo! Nakangiti ka na parang ang ganda ng panaginip tapos naaliw ako sa kakatingin." He grinned, his eyes sparkled.

She rolled her eyes, "Creep," she giggled and he pouted. And then kissed her again. "Ano ba yan, I'll get up na nga baka saan pa tayo makakapunta nito eh,"

He raised an eyebrow, "Ayaw mo?"

She sighed, "Yun nga, gusto ko pero we won't get to work if we do it and I have to prepare a meeting with the board of directors," she made a face. "And you," she sweetly tapped his nose using her pointer and kissed him. "Doctor Faulkerson, you need to tend your patients."

RJ sighed, "I know, but I just wish we can spend the whole day in bed,"

She giggled, getting out of bed and heading to the bathroom to wash her face. "We do that every weekend, hinahanap na nga ako nila Patricia, di na daw ako nagpapakita sa kanila."

RJ just chuckled as he watched his beautiful girlfriend as she went on with her morning routine through the open bathroom door. He could not help but smile and thought how lucky he was to have her as his.

-

He received a warning look from Miss Ai when he arrived at the clinic, just after lunch. Since he and Maine had woken up late, they decided to stay a little bit longer in bed and just ate breakfast and lunch in one. He had five patients waiting for him to consult when he arrived, to which his Kuya Dong reprimanded him for his tardiness before leaving the clinic to head to the city hospital.

It wasn't the third time he reported to work late, the first one was lucky because he didn't have any patients in the morning; the second time however

"Beer tayo after closing, we have a lot to talk about." Kuya Dong had told him in his serious tone, he suddenly felt like a kid being told that he was going to be grounded. Kuya Dong didn't even ask him if he had other plans, he said it in a way that RJ must go with him otherwise he would face consequences. And because of his Kuya Dong's parting words, he was anxious all afternoon.

It also didn't help that his girlfriend wasn't replying to his text messages all afternoon. He figured she was still in the middle of the meeting with the board of directors for her company, it was a meeting that was postpone the week before because they both could not be bothered to leave her bed and as the CEO and the president of the Mendoza Industries, she was needed to be there. She merely cancelled it with the reason that she was coming down with a flu when in fact, she spent the whole morning snuggling with her boyfriend.