|| eighteen || the mendozas ||

RJ had to beg his Kuya Dingdong to allow him a week of absence from the clinic because he and Maine had planned to stay in Bulacan for a week to attend her parents' wedding anniversary and the wedding of Maine's ex boyfriend and ex best friend.

At first, Kuya Dong seemed annoyed at first but he finally allowed RJ when his cousin in law told him that he was going to meet Maine's family for the first time. RJ also had his Ate Marian's full support on this, which was a big help because Dingdong could never say no to his wife. But he made RJ find a temporary replacement for him so RJ had to call a former classmate who owed him a favor back in med school.

A week before the wedding, Maine and RJ drove up to Bulacan for Maine's parents' wedding anniversary and also for Maine to finally introduce RJ to the Mendoza clan.

Sam and Patricia were to follow in Bulacan three days after. They had to leave Nini and Philip with Jerald and Valeen this time.

"Love, tell me more about your family." RJ told her after a long comfortable silence as they drove towards Bulacan.

Maine's smile widened. "My pemily?" she joked, RJ chuckled. And then she straightened up from her seat. "Well, paano ba ako uumpisa?"

"Isa isa sila, start from your parents love. What are they like?"

"Si nanay at si tatay, they're the strict kind of parents. Huwag ka mag mano sa kanila when you see them love ha? They won't allow you to kasi sa kanila you're still a stranger to them. Just shake my tatay's hand lang pero kay nanay OK lang mag mano or mag beso. Mga asawa ng kapatid ko sobrang nahirapan sa kanila noon nanliligaw pa mga yun. Traditional kasi sila masyado pero supportive naman sila, I think oobserbahan ka nila the whole week you're with us, then they will tell you frankly kung gusto ka nila o hindi." RJ gulped nervously. "Pero I'm sure inorient na sila ni Ate Niki at Coleen na you're a good guy, ang importante lang naman sa kanila is I'm happy being with you, which I am beyond words." Maine put her hand over RJ's hand that was resting on the gear, and squeezed it to assure him that he had nothing to worry about.

"No mano, just hand shake. Got it," RJ nodded,

Maine smiled, "Erm, si Kuya Nico naman you think he's overprotective pero sobrang kulit din yan. He has his own family now so minsan mo lang siya makikita pero he, his wife Ate Mandy and their newborn baby will be there." Maine looked out the window. "Ate Nicky and Ate Coleen you've met already. Tapos there's Dean, siya yun bunso namin. We used to be close kaso he grew up at nagkagirlfriend na rin. Alam mo na, nagbibinata so ayun,"

RJ chuckled, "Close kayo lahat?"

Maine shrugged, "When we were kids hindi kami masyadong close. I mean I was an introvert, palagi na lang nasa kwarto't nagbabasa ng mga libro dati. And I was a shy person, tapos naging kami ni Miggy. I was too focused on him that I always chose time with him over my family. Kaya sobra naappreciate ko na they were there when I found out that Miggy cheated on me, hinayaan nila ako sa decisions ko but they were so supportive and dahil sa nangyare, I become more open to my two Ates,"

"You're lucky nga you have a lot of siblings. I'm an only child but may ate Marian naman ako pero iba pa rin yun kapatid talaga," he grinned, "Gusto ko maraming anak someday kasi masaya pag maraming,"

Maine giggled, "Mga 24? Ganon?"

RJ laughed heartily. "Siguro ka diyan?" His face serious.

Maine flashed him a toothy grin, "Nakakapagod yun huy!" They laughed. "Mga four or five, OK na."

He smirked, "Sabe mo yan ha!"

-

Since they left home at around nine o'clock, they arrived in Bulacan just in time for their Sunday lunch, which was the perfect day for them to get to know RJ. Sunday was meant for family day, they would attend mass together as a family in the afternoon and usually, when