|| four || guardian angel ||

"Misis, yun anak niyo po ay may sinat, I recommend these meds po and mga two or three days rest and keep checking for the temperature and if wala pa rin pagbabago in three to four days, come back here po for another check up," with his left hand, Doctor Faulkerson wrote down the medical presciptions and with a forced smile gave it to the mother of his three year old patient.

"Thank you po, Doc." The middle aged mother started to get up and RJ stood up from his seat and walked her out of his new clinic.

He still had two more patients to see then he could go home and rest, he and his Kuya Dingdong opened the clinic at exactly ten o'clock that morning and despite him not having enough sleep after that intrusion the other night and him having to sleep in his new neighbor's spare room and having breakfast with her, he was in a lighter mood all morning.

It was only his second day working in his Kuya Dong's clinic and he was already feeling at home and he felt relaxed, it was completely different from what he left behind.

Before his next patient came in his own office/clinic. His Kuya Dong knocked lightly and opened the door.

"Ayus ka lang ba diyan, RJ?"

He nodded, "Ayus lang, Kuya! I have two more patients before calling it a day."

"It's Friday, labas tayo pagkatapos nito. We'll have a few drinks, treat ko pang welcome ko sa'yo dito sa clinic,"

"Sus, Kuya. Nag abala ka pa pero salamat, I could really use a drink and company," he grinned.

"Sige, wala na akong pasyente so bigay mo na sakin iyon isa para makaalis na tayo dito. May date ata tong si Ai kaya gusto umuwi ng maaga," Kuya Dong was referring to their middle-aged receptionist, who Dingdong had been working with since he started the clinic.

"Sure ka, Kuya?"

Kuya Dong nodded, "I'm thirsty for a drink na, we'll head to Concha's"

"Sige, one more patient."
-
"Oh my God!" It was Valeen's reaction after Maine told her about what happened the other night. "So, mag fifile ka ng kaso?"

"Syempre naman, nasugatan na ako eh!" She answered, she'd called Officer Nietes earlier that morning to ask for an update. The police officer then told her about the background of last night's intruder, that he was wanted for killing an elderly lady and robbing the poor lady's house, they had been looking for him for a month. The police officer then told her how lucky she was to have a security alarm and she should be safe and had nothing to worry about. Maine was relieved, and even though she was still traumatized from what happened, she felt calm knowing that she had RJ next door to run to whenever.

And speaking of RJ, the reason why she was so calm when explaining to Valeen and her staff about what happened. She owed the guy a big favor, he calmed her that morning by just talking to her, she had almost forgotten her near death experienced last night. All thanks to RJ.

After recounting to Valeen the events of last night, she decided to call Patricia to cancel their double date that night. She wasn't in the mood.

"Okay lang, Maine. Di rin makakapunta si Jake eh, he had to go out of town," she said, Maine gave out a sigh of relief. She didn't think she had the energy and interest to entertain a guy anyway. "Pero, can we have dinner pa rin? Namimiss na kita!"