|| eight || special delivery ||

RJ admitted to himself that it was wrong to wish Maine would get into more trouble so that he could come and rescue her and then they would have breakfast again together.

On a Monday morning, he found himself wanting to spend more time with her as they, once again, had breakfast together. If only he didn't have to go to the clinic, if only he could spend the whole day with her just like Saturday. He just wanted to talk to her, know more about her and anything else that mattered in this world. He  lost the plot, not a clue on how he started to like Maine Mendoza but he seemed to miss her everytime even though he knew she only lived a few yards away.

They had a fantastic breakfast, once again they talked about everything there was to talk about, but of course avoiding the fact that they almost kissed last Saturday night.

"So ano plans mo for today?" RJ asked her,

She shrugged, "Might be spending the whole day sa office, you know disinfect it," she said

RJ looked confused, "Disinfect? Ano nanyare sa office mo?"

"Val and... nevermind, you really don't want the mental image pero anyways, yun nga marami akong gagawin today, and I'm organising a surprise barbecue birthday for Patricia a day before her birthday," she said, he chuckled.

"Kelan ba birthday niya?"

"Next week na, so I need to get that gazebo done by next week rin para magamit natin," she gave out a big sigh.

"Kaya mo yan, tulongan kita sa gazebo if may available din ako,"

"Sobra sobra na yun tulong mo, RJ. Nakakahiya na,"

"Ok lang, basta lutuan mo lang ako ng breakfast. Goods na,"

She grinned, "Magsasawa ka rin sa breakfast ko," she giggled.

Hindi rin, he thought.

-

"OK ka lang?" Miss Ai asked him when she came in to give him the coffee he'd asked. He had been staring into space for a while, waiting for the next patient.

"Huh?"

"Tulaley ka ngayon, Doc. Ano meron?" Miss Ai smiled.

RJ shrugged, "Paano ba manligaw?" he found himself asking.

Miss Ai's smile widened, "Kay Miss Maine ba?" she was grinning. RJ nodded in reply. "Naku! Biglang naging interesting ang buhay dito ngayon ah! Simply lang yan, Doc RJ. Alamin mo ang mga gusto niya and padalhan mo ng ano gusto niya with flowers," she said.

"OK, thanks Miss Ai!" he said, grinning. "May patient pa ba natira?"

"Wala naman as of now, break ka muna Doc. Have a quick snack or something," Miss Ai told him, he nodded taking out his mobile device to call the very person who can help him. Miss Ai quietly left his small office with a big smile on her face.

After the call, he told Miss Ai that he was going to go out for quick lunch and she should text him if there was a patient waiting. He was glad that his clinic was near the town center so he was able to buy a few sweets and visit the florists to buy Maine a bouquet of different flowers to be sent to her office tomorrow morning, with a box of sweets she liked. He decided to just send her those without a letter or any indication that the gifts were from him, he would like to remain mysterious and see her reaction first before confessing.