|| two || the clash ||

Maine always made a point to wake up really early to watch the sky change its colors, it's a perfect combination with her morning coffee. Always.

It's moments like these that she really appreciated the world and how beautiful and cruel it could be at the same time.

As the sunlight finally took over the world for the day, she stared out the window as she stood by the kitchen sink, a mug of coffee in one hand. She wasn't looking at the lake view, she was looking at her dull and flat backyard and immediately decided on her next project.

Just to get her mind off that lonely feeling, she didn't know she was good at designing; she wasn't into art but she had an eye for details that every time she saw something that needed fixing, she would see to it immediately.

Her day consisted of having her quick breakfast.

Alone.

Driving to work.

Alone.

Lock herself in her office at the vineyard to check sales and production reports.

Alone.

Okay, not entirely alone. She had her secretary Valeen who would sometimes knock in her office to remind her that it was time to eat or if there was some problems around the vineyard they needed her opinion on. But most of the time, it was her doing everything alone.

Then she would just walk around the vineyard.

Sometimes alone, sometimes she would ride on her favorite white horse called Destiny.

Then she had the rest of the afternoon off to do whatever she wanted, most of the time she would just walk around the local mall buying stuff she thought she needed in her house. But more often, she would just go home, sit at her wooden recliner chair by the lake side and read a book until sunset. It depended on her mood.

And then she would go back inside her house, and cook and have dinner.

Again, alone.

But today, she felt a certain pull. She did eat her breakfast- pancakes and eggs and her second cup of coffee for the day. And then she xgot ready to head the vineyard, which was a mere twenty minutes away from her home. It was a 10 hectare land with a newly built modern and classy fine dining restaurant, since she had turned it into a tourist attraction; she allowed visitors to pick their own grapes and buy them at low a fixed price; and continued the tradition of wine tasting and tour around the vineyard and the process of making wine.

She had bought six horses for the kids to ride along while their parents were enjoying the pleasure of wine tasting. The place was completely different from what her grandfather had left her and she was thankful that she attracted more people. The average visitor per day was around fifty and at night, she would leave the restaurant open for her business partner Jerald to manage.

It was good business considering that she was the only one in town who owned the vineyard, she also received earnings from wine sales and the restaurant and was considered one of the richest woman in town but everybody wondered why she chose to live in a small lake house instead of the mansion her grandfather had also left for her.

She would take Nini with her to work and let her run around her office because she couldn't bear to leave her beloved dog alone in her house; she used to leave her to her neighbors but unfortunately the old couple had retired to US so she had no choice but to take her to work, which she found that Nini enjoyed very much.