|| six || better acquainted ||

"So date pala to ha?" he smirked at her,

Her eyes widened and she could feel her cheeks going red. "Ah, eh?" she stuttered and then she straightened her back and then cleared her throat. "Hindi ah!"

He chuckled, enjoying how uncomfortable and embarrassed she was being. She avoided looking at him, which he found very cute and how her cheeks reddened from his teasing.

"So, this spot ha? Ba't gusto mo dito?"

"Kasi, if you look at it, Doc. At first glance, it isn't at all special. Makikita mo lang isang flat lake but at one point in the day it becomes beautiful diba?" She looked at the sky admiringly, she felt carefree by just looking at the beautiful colors.

He shook his head while chuckling, "Wow, that's really deep,"

She shrugged, "It kinda reminds me of my life actually,"

He looked at her, admiring the beauty she was. He was thankful she wasn't looking at him, "How?"

"Well, my life is literally flat and uninterestingly boring pero there's always a time that it's beautifully unexpected but it's rare. Like now, I didn't expect I'd be sharing a bottle of wine with a stranger,"

"Sobra naman yan! Hindi naman siguro, 'uninterestingly boring' talaga? Di naman siguro oi and I'm no stranger, I saved your life twice already,"

She laughed heartily and nodded, "Oo nga para kang kabote. Yes, it actually is. I'm stuck here in this town,"

"But you like it here even though you're stuck right?"

"Yes, I love it here but it's boring. I want to do something wild and crazy sometimes,"

"What do you want to do ba?"

She just shrugged and smiled at him and then looked up at the sky once again, closing her eyes. "Ang dami kong gusto gawin, I had so many plans but I don't know exactly where to start,"

"I can help you with that,"

She giggled, "Do you always do that?"

"Do what?" he looked at her confused,

"Always willing to help,"

"Of course, hindi naman nasama tumulong diba?"

"Dapat siguro magpapatayo ako ng statue mo," she giggled, took a sip from her wineglass. Her eyes never leaving his. He merely smirked at her.

"No," There was a few moment of silence as they watched the last of the sunlight disappeared and were replaced with dimmed streetlights.

"So what's your story, Doctor RJ Faulkerson?" she said, "Or do you want to remain mysterious?"

He chuckled, "What do you want to know?"

"Your life story?"

He never had to tell anyone about himself. He preferred listening other than speaking about himself, not because he wanted to remain mysterious. It was just his nature but there was something about Maine Mendoza that he wanted her to know so he started narrating his life story.

How he was born to an American Doctor and a Filipina Nurse. But his parents were abroad so he had to stay with his maternal grandmother; considered Marian Rivera-Dantes as his older sister but when in fact they were cousins from their mother's side. When his mother died of cancer when he was just fifteen years old, and she made him promise to follow his father's footsteps. They were from a family of medical people, so even though he wanted to be a pilot, he chose to be a Doctor because it was what expected of him but he ended up enjoying his profession because he learned that he loved to help other people.