|| ten || double date ||

Maine was woken up by her phone ringing so she sleepily got out from her bed, with her head throbbing she searched for her bag where she remembered putting her phone last night and then went back to bed in the arms of the sleeping RJ, where she had the most comfortable sleep she'd ever experienced her entire life despite it only a few hours. It was more of a power nap.

She'd woken up at around four o'clock feeling thirsty and she was surprised to find herself in bed, wrapped in RJ's arms. At first she almost screamed in surprise to find him there but she remembered how she'd asked him to stay, she remembered everything despite having drunk so much. She had a chance to have a good look at his sleeping figure, and was very much tempted to kiss him. She only went back to sleep when he'd unconciously wrapped his arms around her and the warmth brought her back to sleep.

"Valeen, ang aga mo tumawag!" she said in annoyance. She glanced at her digital clock on her bedside table and groaned, it was only 6am.

"Miss Mendoza, I called to remind you na you have a meeting with UP students regarding their thesis at 8 today. Nakita ko sa recent facebook posts mo nalumabas kayo ni Doc RJ kagabe, hindi man lang kayo ng invite?!"

Maine rolled her eyes, "On the spot yun kagabe, wala sa schedule." She simply replied,

"That's wwhy I called, alam ko kasi nakalimutan mo due to the circumstances yesterday,"

"I didn't forget," she lied, "Nagpa alarm ako ng 6.30 naunahan mo lang ako. I'll go ahead and get ready na," And with that, she hang up the phone and got out of the bed, she heard RJ groan and she giggled.

She quietly got dressed in the bathroom while RJ slept soundlessly on her bed, she tiptoed towards the kitchen to make him the breakfast she'd promised. She left him a little note before heading to work. All the while she had a big smile on her face.

-

Maine's side of the bed was empty when RJ woke up from the sound of the car engine outside the window. He immediately got out of the bed and headed out to search for her, guessing that she was in the kitchen preparing for their breakfast but to his disappointment all he found in were a mug of freshly brewed coffee and her special breakfast smile and a folded piece of paper on top of it. In her girlie handwriting, she'd wrote:

Good morning, RJ.
Had to rush early for an appointment at the vineyard, didn't want to wake you up. See you later :)

-Maine
P.S: Just feel at home =)

He folded the note and placed it in his pocket and sat down on her breakfast stool and quietly had his breakfast before glancing at the clock above her window.

At around lunchtime, RJ left the clinic early to pay Maine a visit at the vineyard to treat her for lunch because he knew she didn't have time to eat breakfast.

He was greeted by the all-smiling Valeen and was told that Maine was in her office still doing the paperworks since the meeting with the thesis students from UP only ended half an hour ago.

"Ang weird ng aura ng mga tao ngayon, parang ang good vibes. All smiles anoh?" Valeen said, her voice were teasing. "Ano kaya meron?"

RJ smiled again. "Busy ba siya ngayon?"

"Signing of paper works lang naman tapos lunch na siya, parang hindi kayo neighbors ha? Ano kailangan mo sa kanya't napabisita ka, Doc? Di ba pwede mamaya na lang sa bahay?"