Chapter 9

A/N: In the picture is Zane.

Making it back home, we changed back to our human looking forms and went inside. We sat down in the living room.

"So how did you like your first hunt?" I asked the group.

"It was great! I've never experienced something so thrilling in all my life!" Paul yelled in excitement.

Jasper calmly nodded. "It was pretty fun, to be a terrifying predator."

"I'll say," Zane chimed in. "It was the best. Predatory instincts just kind of kicked in and everything else seemed so little. It felt like I could take on anything and just rip it apart and eat its flesh."

I noticed the dark grin on his face and chuckled. "Okay, Mr. tall, dark, and terrifying. What about you, Oliver? Did you enjoy it?"

Oliver gave a small nod and a quiet hum as a yes. I smiled and stood up.

"That's good. You all did such a great job too. Although, I think we should use codenames if we are discovered or around anyone who has seen our true forms."

"What do you mean?" Zane questioned while tilting his head slightly.

I sighed and began explaining, "Well, like if we are out hunting or if someone has seen us with our dark skin and gold eyes, it isn't safe to use our real names because someone could find out our identity then. I'm not saying we have to use them if we go out to eat, go shopping, or anything like that. It's just a way to keep our identities hidden from any enemies."

"Oh, I see," Jasper said. "That actually is a good idea."

I instantly saw a grin on Paul's face. "Well in that case, I want to be called Joker."

"Joker?" I questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, I've been told I'm a funny guy."

I rolled my eyes and looked at Zane. "I have the perfect name for you. You've got so much anger and violence in you, I think a name like Wrath fits you perfectly, don't you think?"

He shrugged his shoulders and I turned to Jasper as he began speaking. "People always think I'm depressed. I think I should be called Somber."

I smiled. "Okay then. And what about you, Oliver? You're not much of a talker. How about we call you Mute?"

He gave a small smile and nodded before Paul suddenly asked me, "Wait, what about you, Marlow?"

I smirked. "That's easy. I'm Changeling of course. Now I think it's time we get some sleep. We've had an exciting day. Feel free to take a shower if you like and find somewhere to sleep, I don't care where."

I went upstairs and took a quick shower before heading to bed. I laid in bed for awhile with a smile on my face. These guys are my new family, my pack.

We are free to do as we please and embrace our inner monsters. We rule the forests now. I don't know what else may be lurking out there, but I don't think anything could stand up to us.

Slowly, the weeks pass us by as I've learned so much about these four boys. We've gone out and had fun together during the day while also learning more efficient ways of hunting at night.

There have been plenty of people trying to get a glimpse of the Nightstalker. Of course with our skills, they don't get to live to tell the tale. We've also created ways to call one another over longer distances. Like if one of us needs help or is trying to find the others, we have ways of communicating.

Good thing too, because that Rake creature has grown more and more persistent in stealing our food or attacking us. I don't know why it does it, but one thing's for sure. I'm not about to roll over and let it have its way. This is our territory now and nothing is going to run us away from it.