Chapter 7

A/N: In the picture is kinda how Marlow's Nightstalker form looks, minus the fur on the tail and the red eyes that should be gold. That picture isn't mine btw, but anyways, on with the story.

This is it. The time has come to meet them, face to face. The four survivors. I gazed up at the plain, dark colored building in front of me. No reason to hide my face this time.

I entered through the front doors of the asylum, instantly being greeted by a man in white at a small counter. "Good evening, ma'am. How may I help you?"

I returned his friendly smile. "I'm here to see one of your patients. Zane Rivers."

"Ah, yes, him. Are you a friend or family?"

"A friend. Marlow Bridges."

He typed something into his computer before smiling at me. "Alright, follow me."

The man led me down multiple hallways. I looked all around at the different kinds of cells and other rooms we passed by. The air was filled with all manner of screams, cries, moans, and other noises made from the patients here.

"Now I must warn you, Zane may not seem...like himself."

The man glanced back at me with a slight frown. I kept my neutral expression as I continued following behind him.

"I am aware of his condition and I'm fully prepared to see him anyway," I told him confidently.

The man flashed me a smile. "He's very lucky to have a friend like you."

My eyes narrowed as a grin spread across my lips. "Yes, very lucky indeed."

We soon stopped in front of a large, metal door. The man used a key to unlock the door before opening it and gesturing for me to enter. I slowly went inside, hearing the door close behind me.

In the corner of the solid white room was a dark skinned boy, curled up with his face in his knees. He slowly picked his head up to look at me with glinting golden eyes. I could already tell his transformation was complete.

"Who are you? What do you want?" he asked in an angry, annoyed tone.

My gaze softened and I gave a gentle smile. "My name is Marlow Bridges. I'm a friend."

"Tch, yeah right. That's what they all say."

"Oh, but I'm telling you the truth, Zane."

His eyes widened and he quickly stood up. "H-How do you know my name?"

I chuckled and grinned. "I know everything about you. And I can tell you why you're like this now. I could even teach you how to use your new abilities."

He stared at me in confusion. I quickly changed into my original form with dark skin and gold eyes. Zane gasped and glanced down at his hands.

"You're...like me."

"Yes, I am," I said with a small nod. "I can explain everything to you if you come with me. I can get you out of here, give you a home, and teach you everything you need to know."

I held my hand out to him and gave him a reassuring smile. He gazed at me and slowly approached. He suddenly grinned and took my hand.

"Heh, I owe you one, Marlow."

I led him over to the door, letting go of his hand. I pushed the door open and caught sight of the man waiting for me. I instantly changed my hand into Nightstalker claws and slashed his neck open before he could even react.

His body collapsed, blood pooling under him. Changing my hand back to normal, I grabbed the ring of keys from his corpse. I looked back at Zane to see him watching me with wide eyes.

"You've got to teach me how to do that," he said in astonishment.

I smirked and calmly stepped over the body. With Zane following behind me, I walked down the hall to another large, metal door like the one to Zane's room. I'm assuming the others are in these same kind of rooms.

I unlocked the door and went inside with Zane right behind. Another golden eyed boy leaned against the wall, jumping slightly when he noticed us.

"Woah! What the hell?! You guys look like me!"

I smiled and said, "Because we are like you, Paul. And yes, I know who you are. Come with us and I'll get you out of here."

"What are you doing? We don't need him."

I sent a cold glare at Zane and hit his arm. "Don't question me. I'm freeing all of you."

Zane simply crossed his arms and huffed. I turned my gaze back to Paul and smiled again.

"So what do you you say?"

Paul almost immediately grinned and nodded his head. "Sounds like fun to me. I'm in."

With Paul following us, we left for the next room. We went inside to be met with the most monotone voice I've ever heard.

"Hello there. I love your skin color. It looks like mine."

I smiled. "You must be Jasper. It's nice to meet you. What do you say we get out of here?"

He shrugged and stood from his seat. "Sure, I've got nothing better to do."

He joined us as we headed to the last room. That's where our final member was laying on his bed. He jumped up upon hearing us enter and stared at us in surprise. He then quickly grabbed his glasses, putting them on as he stood.

"Oliver, I presume?"

He nodded and muttered, "Yes."

"Come on, I'm breaking you out of here."

He blinked a few times before coming over to me. I gestured for them all to follow me as I left the room. Hearing their footsteps behind me, I walked down the halls until we were close to the entrance. That's where we were met by a group of people in white coats.

"Hold it right there!" one of them yelled. "You can't just leave with our patients!"

I laughed at that statement and said, "Oh, but I can. And there's nothing you can do to stop me."

I charged toward them while changing to my Nightstalker form. I quickly moved back and forth between the people, tearing them apart with my teeth and claws. Once they were all dead, I turned back toward my group, seeing them all watching me with wide eyes.

Paul suddenly grinned and said, "Whoa! That was awesome! When do we get to do that?!"

I changed back to normal and chuckled. "I like your enthusiasm, Paul. I will teach you soon, I promise. But first things first."

I walked around the corpses and behind the small counter. The boys all followed me over as I typed and clicked on the computer. I easily found the files on these four and deleted them all. I smiled and looked at each of them.

"There. I just erased each of you from the database. You're all free and no one will know."

Jasper blinked and said, "Wow, thanks. No one has ever been so nice to me."

I smiled at him. Despite the lack of emotion in his voice, I could tell he was happy. In fact, I knew that all of them were happy right now, even if they didn't show it. That's when I remembered that we needed to get out of here before anyone showed up.

"Alright, boys. Time for your first lesson. You each have the power to change your appearances. Simply focus your mind on what you normally look like."

I changed to my human form and said, "See? It's easy. Try it now."

Each of them started staring at their hands and I watched as each of them changed until they resembled their pictures in the police files. I smiled and clapped my hands together.

"Very good! I'm so proud! Now let's go home so we can finally have a chance to talk."