The Adoption

Mackenzie's POV

I couldn't sleep that night because all I could think about was the fact that Jensen and Danneel were going to be my parents!! 

At about 5 o'clock I decided to just get up and go watch TV or something downstairs. I went down there to find Jensen already up watching the news.

I walked over to the couch and sat down next to him. He put his arm across the back of the couch and said, "hey daughter." 

I smiled, leaned into his side, and said, "hey father."

We sat in silence for a few minutes listening to the news. They were talking about some speech Donald Trump had given. After they were done talking about Trump, they went to a commercial and Jensen asked if there was anything he needed to know about me.

I said that really the only things were that I had anxiety, depression, and insomnia, I take birth control to help with my period cramps and I used to cut. The rest him and Danneel would figure out as they got to know me. He said ok and we watched tv for like an hour.

Somewhere within the hour, Jensen - dad - had fallen asleep and I ended up sleeping with my head on his chest and my legs curled underneath me on his lap. I guess I'll have to somehow get over my crush on him and Mom (Danneel). I could still have a crush on Aunt Gen and Uncle Jared though, right? I mean they're not REALLY my aunt and uncle.

At like 10 o'clock, Mom felt the need to turn on every light in the house and wake Dad and I up. Mom said she made an appointment for us at the adoption place at noon so, we had to eat quickly because I guess if we wanted it to happen today then we had to get there early to fill out paperwork.

While we ate cereal, Mom asked if I was excited.

With my mouth full I replied, "of course I am! The adoption was my idea in the first place!" 

Mom smiled and said, "ok. So tell me about you. What do I need to know to get to know you." 

I said, "well I obviously love you guys, aunt Gen, uncle Jared, Misha, and Supernatural. I love shopping and books. Especially shopping for books. I love Demi Lovato, Lucy Hale, 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, The Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars, and Disney channel."

Mom said, "ok. We can go to the mall after the adoption so you can pick out whatever you want for your room and then your dad will set it up and you and I can have a girls day!" 

I said yay and went to get dressed so we could leave.

We got to the adoption place an hour early and it only took us half an hour to fill out all the forms. I had to fill out a lot of stuff about my background and medical history and stuff. Plus, I got to sign with my new last name!

While we waited for the adoption to get to the head lady, Mom and I talked about what we should do for my room. We decided I should get the walls painted a light blue, like a sky blue, because it's supposed to help people fall asleep easier and my door a very light purple because purple was one of my favorite colors. We also decided to get a little mini chandelier for my walk-in closet. It wasn't a really big walk-in closet, but it was still big enough to need a mini chandelier. Also, we were going to get one of those beds that had drawers or whatever on the frame and all new sheets and an all-new comforter.

We were about to start talking about clothes when the lady came out and said she was ready for us. Dad stood up and said "finally!" Probably because he was bored listening to me and Mom talking about my room. Mom and I laughed and followed him into the lady's office. 

It was a nice office. Kinda small and wooden but she had a lot of books and a lot of bookshelves.

The lady went through everything with us to make sure it was correct and then signed it and had us read and sign another piece of paper. Then, it was finally official! My last name was finally Ackles! I felt so happy I skipped to the car. My name was legally Mackenzie Ackles. No more Mackenzie Evans. I was getting sick of all the jokes about me being related to Harry Potter's mom.

End Chapter 7