Babysitting Sleepover

Mackenzie POV

"Hey you're still watching the kids tonight so we can go to that Comic Con thing right?" Dad asked after poking his head into my room.

I said, "yeah. What time do you need me?"

"Uhhh we'll probably leave around 8ish."

"Okay. Is Alex going?"

"I'm not sure. He couldn't before because of filming but they might've figured out a way to get him done in time."

"Okay. I'll ask and let you know if he's coming over before if he's going. Um, is it okay if I see if some of my friends can come spend the night and help out?"

"Yeah sure. No more than 3 though. That way there's 2 kids to 1 of each of you."

I smiled and said, "okay cool. Thanks, Dad."

He walked over and kissed my head before he said you're welcome and walked downstairs.

I texted my friends in a group chat and said, "hey guys the people in this chat are me, Nay, Shaz, and Tonia. Anyway, Dads, Moms, Misha, and maybe Alex have a Comic Con thing tonight and Vicki has to work so I'm babysitting everyone and was wondering if y'all wanted to spend the night and help me out?"

Then, I sent another message, "oh and you'll get to meet everyone except Vicki and maybe Alex and we'll have dinner before they leave."

Everyone answered and said sure then I said I'd pick them up around 4. They said okay then we started talking about how we were doing and sending SPN memes/quotes/pictures back and forth.

I checked the time and saw it was a little after 11 so I called Alex because he was probably on lunch.

He answered and said, "hey what's up baby?"

I said, "hey are you going to the Comic Con thing tonight?"

He said, "yeah I was able to figure out a way to go last night. Are you babysitting?"

I said, "yeah but some of my friends are coming to spend the night and help so it'll be fun. And everyone's coming over for dinner at like 5:30 before they leave."

He said, "okay. I'll see you then. Love you."

I said, "okay love you too," then went downstairs to get food and tell Dad he was coming.

At about 2, Momette came over with the kids so she could start getting ready with Mom and they could play with JJ and the twins.

After everyone scattered, I realized I'd been doing homework for about 2 hours then decided to take a break and go hang out with Dad for a little bit.

He was in the living room and had the TV on but was on his phone and wasn't really paying attention to it.

I walked over to him and said, "hey father," flashing back to the night before he adopted me.

He smiled, remembering the same thing, and said, "hey daughter."

I sat on his lap and put my arms around his neck then said, "I love you."

He said, "I love you too. What's up?"

I said, "nothing. Just tired of doing homework and thought I'd spend some time with you."

He said, "oh. Well cool."

It was silent for a few seconds before we heard Moms bust out laughing and we both looked at each other and smiled.

He said, "you know when I realized Jared and Gen were serious and that it was time to introduce Gen to Dee, I was nervous they wouldn't get along. I didn't think they'd have anything in common other than the fact that they were dating us. I mean, Dee's from Louisiana but Gen's from kind of all over and I don't know, I just thought they wouldn't get along."