Family Camping Trip Part 1

Mackenzie POV

"Come on guys! We gotta go! Misha's going to beat us there!" Dad1 said as we were finishing putting everything in the car.

I said, "well Dad to be fair, his kids are older and he only has 2 of them."

Dad said, "I don't care! We still need to beat him."

I laughed and said okay then went to help JJ carry her bag to the trunk.

Mom came out of the house and said, "Kenz, is Alex meeting us there?"

I said, "yeah he's gotta film a little bit today and then he said he'll be there tonight."

Mom said, "okay. Um, is everything out of the house?"

Dad silently counted the bags then said, "I think so," as I said, "I'm pretty sure but I'll go check real quick."

I came out of the house a few minutes later and said, "all good!"

As I walked to the car, Momette and Dad2 finished putting everything in their truck and closed it then Momette yelled, "hey Kenzie do you want to ride with us? Odette's begging me to ask you."

I smiled and said sure then gave JJ and the twins hugs and kisses. As they got in the car, I told them to be good. I grabbed my backpack full of books and things to do on the way then said bye to Mom and Dad and ran over to Momette and Dad's house.

I said hi to them and Mom gave me a forehead kiss then Dad gave me a kiss on the head before I climbed in next to O and we were off.

After about half an hour, I remembered it was Alex and I's anniversary this weekend and that I'd forgotten to get him something. Mom was driving so I said, "Shoot! Um, Mom can we stop at Walmart or something? It's Alex and I's anniversary this weekend and I forgot to get him something."

Mom said, "sure honey. What are you thinking of getting him?"

I said, "probably a new watch. He's been saying he wants to get a nicer one but I know he'll never actually spend the money on himself."

Mom smiled and said, "that sounds like a great idea. The GPS says we're about 10 minutes away."

I smiled back and said, "cool. Thank you."

She said you're welcome and Dad, who'd clearly been waiting for the conversation to be over, turned around in his seat and said, "you guys haven't done anything yet right? He hasn't touched my little girl has he?"

I laughed and said, "no, we haven't. And I don't know if we're going to this weekend either so don't ask. And plus, Dad you know I've had sex before right?"

Dad said, "you guys better not! And yes I know but I don't like to think about it."

I smiled and rolled my eyes then said okay and went back to my book until we got to Walmart.

When we got there, Mom went in with me because she had to go to the bathroom while Dad stayed with the kids since they were all sleeping.

As we were getting out, Dad said, "Genevieve you better not be going with her to tell her it's okay to have sex!"

Mom and I both smiled and rolled our eyes at how protective he was being then she said, "Jared, even if I did tell her not to, I can't really stop her and we can't really get her trouble when she does have sex. She's an adult and can do what she wants."

Dad said, "yeah whatever," and waved us off.

Mom and I walked away and when we were out of ear shot I said, "I love him to death but why does he have to be so overprotective."