Gills- Prologue

I'm not sure whether this story is going to work out or not- I thought of it in the shower- but I'll give it a try.

***************************************

The Girl Who Breathes Water- Prologue.

There's two things you should know about me.

1)My name is Annie, and

2)I can breath underwater.

Seriously. I can prove it to you, if you want. Now, here's how it started:

I'm 15 years old, and my family has gone on holiday to America. I'm really excited- we're going to the beach. We arrive, my mother, my father, and my two little brothers. We all pile out the car, and set up camp on the beach. I strip off my clothes, revealing my favourite bikini underneath, and head down to the pretty water. I love swimming, always have.

I wade in, and eventually the sand goes beneath my feet. I head over to some cliffs, investigating. I peer through the water, and I can see a dark silhouette- a boat, maybe.

I use my arms to push myself underwater. I'm not wearing goggles, but I open my eyes anyway, not caring.

I'm holding my breath as I swim down to the boat. It's old, and on the side I see 1909 faintly inscribed.

By this time, my songs are starting to ache, so I try to head to the surface, but I can't move. I foot is stuck in some rope. Panicking, I wiggle and wiggle, just making it worse. My lungs are burning. I can't hold my breath anymore. Unwillingly, I take in a deep breath, my lungs filling with water.

I start to choke.

My vision is going blurry.

I start to fade away.

************************************************************

How was it? Let me know if it was good, and I'll continue. I'll explain about how she breathes underwater in the next chapter. WickedLovely x