She Doesn't Believe it

Start from the beginning

"She's probably just jealous." Violet says, and shrugs.

***

I knock on the door, taking a deep breath in order to try to control my nerves.

"Come in!"

I open the door and step in, taking in the room I am so familiar with. The electric piano in front of a white board which has the lines used on music composition paper. A set of drums in the further wall, and many bookshelfs which either had music books on them or trays with smaller instuments, such as shakers and triangles. There was a door, which led to another room. In one of the walls, there was a line of guitars hung to it, and near it, was a desk with a computer, in which Mr. Brown is sitting in front of.

"Sadie!" He says brightly, turning around and looking at me. Teachers were always like this with me: I was always one of the few people ( sometimes the only) that payed attention, took notes and didn't stay chatting with everyone. Therefore, they were always this nice to me. "What brings you here? Have you finally decided to join Music?" He asks, a question which he always makes me when I run across him. Then after I say "I don't know," he goes on and on on how he still doesn't get how someone like me, who loves music and dedicates time on learning not one, but two instruments, decided to drop his lessons.

"Actually, sir, that is exactly what I came for. I decided to do it." I answer confidently. Yes, now I am completely certain. This is what I want to do.

"You're serious?" He asks, incredulous to what he just heard, and I nod. "I am really happy to know. What suddenly gave you a change of mind?"

"Well, I just found a person who helped me realize that I should do this... " I answer, the thoughts of a certain boy nearly making my attention drift away. "Now, what am I supposed to do? Do I go talk to the principal, or-"

"No, no need for that. I'll sort that for you. I think that you will already be able to join in tomorrow, but for that I need your parents signature. Do you have them by any chance?" I nod, taking out a paper I had inside my pocket. I already knew I would need them, so once my parents arrived home yesterday and I had talked to them about the trip, I had asked them to sign. They didn't really think twice before signing: my mum thought it was a good way on which I could use the things I learn in my instrument lessons, and my dad doesn't really care about me dropping GP.

"Awesome. All set then. Welcome back to Music!" Mr. Brown says, and I couldn't be happier. I'm back to where I was never supposed to leave. And I am so glad Shawn helped me realize this.

Smiling and holding the key that is around my neck, I leave, wishing the school day was already over so I could tell Shawn the news.

***

Shawn's POV:
"Hey, Shawn, are you ok dude?" Dave, the bassist of my band asks me, after I couldn't start "Something Big" properly after four attempts. Everytime I started to play, I accidentaly played the chords of other songs instead of the ones I was supposed to.

"I'm fine, thanks. I just need to focus more." I answer, taking a deep breath and coming back to the present. We were practicing for the upcoming concerts, and I had to focus, no matter how much I kept thinking about her. I had thought that performing was going to take my worries off my mind, but I had been wrong.

Starting again, this time I managed to do everything correctly. Songs came and go, and no matter which one was it, it somehow made me remind of Sadie. "Life of the Party", "I Don't Even Know Your Name", "Kid in Love", "Never be Alone" and even "Stitches", which made me remember how I found her dancing around to it in her room that first day I met her. This time, I did something different: instead of these thoughts making me drift off, I managed to channel my feelings into the songs, making me sing better than ever.