33 - YET TO BE REWRITTEN

Start from the beginning

There's a silence as he lays an arm over my stomach, pulling me close.

"If they ever did, baby, what would you do?"

"I-I don't know."

"If they kicked us out," he says plainly, and my eyes widen in the dark. "Where would you go?"

"W-what do you mean?

"Would you come live with me, little one?" he asks, using his free hand to play with my hair.

I frown. "You haven't got a house, Luke."

I hear him let out a soft laugh. "I know, baby. But I'll get one."

"You will?" I mumble, slowly locking my fingers with the hand of the arm I'm resting my head on.

"Yup. It'll be big, with light-blue walls because you love the colour of the sky so much, and there'll be lots of room but we'll share one because I'd want to be with you every night, and I'll save up enough money to buy you everything you want,"

"I don't want anything," I yawn. I turn myself away from the TV so that I'm facing him, my head resting just below the crook of his neck. "I just want you."

Luke smiles. "And you'll have me. Forever and ever."

"You promise?"

"I promise, little one." he breathes, holding out his pinky. I giggle and interlock it with my own.

"Luke, I like it when we talk like this."

"Like this?"

"When we're talking about us. I like it."

"Me too, baby," he says, his thumb rubbing circles on my arm. "I love being with you."

"I love being with you, too."

I let out a sigh of contentment as I see Luke's eyes gradually flutter shut and hear his breathing become even.

After a few more minutes of just laying there, I decide to lower the volume of the TV so that it doesn't wake him up later on. But just as I'm about to stand up, his crystal blue's open again.

"And we'll have a pool." is what he says quietly, making me look towards him in confusion.

"Hmm?"

"We'll have a pool, babygirl," he repeats, looking at me with warm eyes. "In our backyard. And one of those cute little garden swings. What's your favourite colour?"

"Blue and lilac."

"Your ultimate favourite, love."

"Lilac."

"Lilac," he echoes. "I'll buy you lilac everything, princess. And you'll never be sad when you're with me, because I'll always make sure that you're happy."

"I'm always happy when I'm with you, Luke." I say, reaching up to kiss his cheek.

He chuckles. "I bet you think I'm acting crazy, don't you?"