17 - YET TO BE REWRITTEN

He kissed me with so much ferocity, and so much intensity, that I was afraid of what would happen if I'd made him wait any longer

It was everything you'd expect.

It was all the love, all the infatuation and all the endearment of a forbidden action rolled up into one.

It was equivalent to the feeling of coming up for air after holding your head underwater for so long. It felt like sneaking out on a Saturday night, and the relief of closing the front door without waking anybody up.

And it felt right. So, so, so unbelievably right.

I've never kissed anyone before. Ever. I've never had any boyfriends to kiss; they were always too scared of Luke or skeptical of my relationship with his friends.

But now, as his fingers move the stray locks of hair from my face and I can feel the movement of his lips against mine, I know that I can't even begin to think of anyone else. I wouldn't want to think of anyone else.

We're still on the floor, and as crazy as it may sound, I actually don't mind.

I deepen the kiss by lifting my head, praying to God that I'm doing it right, and I can feel the cool metal of Luke's lip ring shift as he smiles against my lips.

"Luke? Sophie?"

I can hear our mom call us from downstairs, and I'm suddenly very grateful for the banister that blocks her view of us.

Luke rolls his eyes, smiling, and detatches his lips from mine. But he doesn't move his position.

"Yeah, mom?"

"Has Sophie found her bikini yet?" she asks loudly, over the music playing in the kitchen.

"No," Luke tells her. Then he flashes a soft grin at me. "Not yet. Just give us a minute."

"Alright."

He's about to duck his head down to resume our previous position, but my finger reaches up and rests on his lips.

He pouts. "Baby."

"Luke." I tease him.

"Baby," he repeats, raising an eyebrow.

I laugh. "I need my bikini."

"Okay then," he says, and I wait for him to get off of me.

But he doesn't. He grabs me by the backs of my thighs and pulls me against him.

I feel myself being lifted from the ground and bite back a gasp, having nothing but his shoulders to grip onto.