13 - YET TO BE REWRITTEN

"Let me get this straight," Ashley says, pacing the floor of my bedroom with her fingers rubbing against her temples. "Luke likes Chloe?"

"Probably."

"And Ashton knows?"

"That he does."

"But Chloe doesn't?"

"Right."

"Oh, god," she groans, leaning against the wall. "Sophie, what are you gonna do?"

I shrug, fiddling with my fingers.

"I'm going to tell her."

"What?" her head snaps in my direction. "Tell her what?"

"That Luke-"

"That Luke nothing," she narrows her eyes. "You can't tell her anything!"

"She deserves to know!"

"And get an even bigger head because of it? We can't let that happen," she shakes her head and sits next to me. "You have to keep this a secret."

"Secrets are always found out in time."

Ashley looks at me sadly. "Then you're going to have to really keep this one."

I open my mouth to speak, but a knocking on my bedroom door catches my attention.

"Come in."

It opens fully to reveal my mom. "Hey girls," she smiles. "Just wanted to let you know about the party tomorrow."

"There's a party?" Ashley asks politely.

My mom nods. "Indeed, a promotion celebration. Here at the house. You two are welcome to invite anyone you please."

I give her a tiny smile. "Alright, mom. Thanks for the heads up."

"No problem." she says, before the door is shut once more.

Ashley sits up, gripping me by the shoulders. "You are not inviting Chloe."

I furrow my eyebrows at her. "What? Why not?"

"Because!" she says, lowering her voice. "If her and Luke somehow end up alone, and things are said- do you know how bad that could be?!"

I roll my eyes. "We can't keep them oblivious to each other forever."

"Oh, yes we can," she tells me. "I'll make sure of it, I promise you."

I didn't have much to say, for everything that was said couldn't be altered.

My mind was still fuzzy with everything going on that I, somehow, completely forgot that I was still wearing Luke's shirt.

Ashley noticed as soon as the conversation grew quiet, raising an eyebrow at it.

"What?" I ask self consciously.

"It looks good."

I tug at the ends. "It's Luke's." I mumble.

"I figured," she laughs, and it's the first time that morning that she sounds anything but panicked.

"Ashley," I say quickly, attracting her attention. "Can I ask you something?"

She nods, turning her body so that she's completely facing me. "Shoot."

"You remember that day when we all went swimming?" I start.

"When Chloe didn't know how to work a pool floatie?" she jokes, making me giggle. "Yeah, I remember."

"You swam over to me and told me to look at her and Luke. And I asked you-"