32 - YET TO BE REWRITTEN

❥

"Dude, move," a voice says, chuckling from behind Calum.

My heartbeat starts to slow down and I raise an eyebrow as I see Ashton, a bunch of textbooks and a pencil case tucked under his arm.

"I'm your sex-ed tutor, Soph," he says to me, before rolling his eyes at Calum. "This dick just wanted to scare you."

"I'm not scared," I lie, feigning confidence.

Calum smirks. "You should be."

"Can you just go?" I ask him in frustration, somewhat rudely.

He chuckles. "Why, babe?"

"Because I said so."

"So?"

"I don't want you here!"

"And?"

"Mate, we've got a lot of revision material to get through," Ashton frowns at him. "Quit being an ass and just leave."

Calum lets out a sound similar to a scoff, before crossing his arms and turning the other way. "See you later, Soph."

"No thanks." I frown at him, watching him walk down the road and disappear around the corner.

Once he's gone, Ashton grins sheepishly at me. "Sorry about that."

"How did he know you were my tutor?" I ask in confusion, opening the door wide enough for him to get in. "And why did he say he was my tutor when he wasn't?"

"He just wants to scare you, that's all," Ashton tells me. He makes his way into the kitchen, carrying about half a dozen semi-thick books in his hands. 

He places them down on the kitchen island with a bang, tossing the pencil case on top and quickly attracting Luke's attention.

"Ashton?" he says, eyebrows furrowing.

"Sup Hemmo," they exchange a complicated looking handshake as I take a look at the books. "I'm Sophie's tutor."

"You're her tutor?" Luke asks, and Ashton nods. "Oh, thank fuck for that."

"Why?" the curly-headed boy chuckles, beginning to lay the books out on the table.

"I thought she'd get someone like Calum, or something." Luke shudders, shaking his head. He then makes his way over to me and locks me in an embrace.

"Well, the bastard did try to trick her. Your girl just wasn't having any of it." Ashton laughs, and Luke looks at me with pride.

"That true, baby?"

I nod quickly. "Mhmm."

"Good," he kisses my cheek quickly. "At least now I know-"