The Magic Of Music And Romance

Sweetie's POV:
We payed our five dollar entrance fee and walked into the cafeteria. Almost the whole school was there, with resident DJ Vinyl Scratch was behind the turntables.

She mostly played whatever was popular and on the radio, but every now and then she would go freestyle and make her own song on the fly.

Applebloom, Scootaloo, and I originally had no intention of being separated, but as soon as she was spotted, Diamond Tiara took Applebloom aside.

It was just me and Scoots. Neither of us had any idea what song was on right now, so we took a seat on one of the benches that outlined the cafeteria walls.

"So, Sweetie Belle." She said, "You know I told you about RD's plans for tonight." I nodded, she continued. "It got me thinking, do you have a crush on anyone?"

I wasn't expecting such a question from Scootaloo. The whole concept of love used to make her barf. "Uhm... no. Not really. You?" I returned the question.

She blushed hard, "What?" She asked.

"Do you have a crush on anyone?" I asked again.

"Oh! Uh... well... maybe. It's just that... the person that I might have a crush on is a girl. I have nothing against girls who like girls, obviously, but I'm afraid the girl I might like doesn't like girls. Plus she's my friend... and I don't want things to be awkward." She confessed.

That peaked my curiosity, Scoots only had four female friends. AB, Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, and... me.

"Well... you should probably just tell her. It's either Applebloom or Diamond Tiara right? I mean, Silver Spoon has made it very clear that she is straight." I said, trying to encourage Scootaloo to confess her feelings for one of our friends.

"You know you four aren't my only friends, right? It's neither of them, and it's not Silver Spoon." She said.

Huh, new information.

Before I could say something back, my favorite song came on. Fireflies by Owl City.

"Oh! This is my favorite song!" I squealed.

Scootaloo's POV:
"I know it is," I said, nervous of what I wanted to say next. "I requested it for you."

"Why would you do that? I know you aren't a huge fan of this song." She said, confused.

I took a deep breath... now or never.

"Sweetie Belle... I like you. I didn't want to tell you because I don't know if you like girls or not. Rainbow telling me about her plans made me think, and I realized that I needed to tell you. Tonight. I don't mind if you say no, as long as we can still be friends, but if you do like girls, please consider it." I said quickly, not allowing her time to stop me.

She looked surprised, and then started thinking. "My favorite song, dimly lit room, bold confession of love, you sure have contracted Rainbow's sense of charm haven't you." She giggled at my blushing.

She leaned in and whispered in my ear, "I'd kiss you but there are teachers around. I'll go out with you Scootaloo."

"YES!!" I screamed, a bit louder than I should have, but no one heard me over the music. No one except Sweetie Belle.

My girlfriend Sweetie Belle!

After the party was over, we all went to find Rainbow Dash. I saw Diamond Tiara kiss Applebloom on the cheek.

AB walked up to us, "What was that?" I teased.

"Isn't it obvious Scoots? Applebloom and Diamond Tiara are in loooooove!" Sweetie Belle continued the mocking.

"Make fun of me all you want. I have a girlfriend and you don't." She smirked.

We both giggled, "Actually..." I said, "We do."

"Who?" AB asked, shocked.

"Each other! We're dating!" Sweetie said happily.

Applebloom smiled, "Good for you two." She said.

We finally found Rainbow Dash and got in the car. Fluttershy was nowhere to be found.

"Where's Fluttershy? How did it go with you two?" I asked, hoping all was well.

"Fluttershy is out on a date. With some idiot track star from my school named Thunderlane. I hope your night was a bit better than mine." She grumbled, almost crying.

"You could say our night was pretty good. I'm sorry about Fluttershy, I'm sure you'll get her soon." Applebloom said, trying to cheer up Dash.

"So," Dash tried to smile, "Did you three pick up boyfriends at this dance?" She asked.

We laughed, "Nope. Quite the opposite really." Sweetie said.

Dash looked confused, "What do you mean?"

"Well let's just say that the friends we left the party with were not boyfriends." Applebloom giggled.

"I'm not following." Dash smirked.

I got the feeling that she was following, she just wanted one of us to say it.

"Oh dear lord Dash! As of right now the three of us are dating girls and have no intention of ending the relationships!" I yelled.

She smiled, "Alright so who are you dating?"

Applebloom went first, "Well I'm dating Diamond Tiara and--"

"The girl who used to bully you?" Rainbow cut her off.

"Yeah, but we became friends over the summer and she's actually really nice." Applebloom finished.

"And Scootaloo and I are dating each other!" Sweetie piped up.

Rainbow turned around quicker than even she should be able to.

"You and..." She turned to face me, "Squirt here are... dating?" She asked.

"Yep!" We both said.

"That's nice... when do you plan on telling Rarity? Or you on telling Applejack?" Dash asked.

"Well I was going to tonight, it didn't happen until tonight at the dance so." Sweetie said sweetly, AB nodded.

"Okay. Oh and change of plans, we're all having a sleepover at Pinkie's so your over night club meeting will happen there." She said, we nodded.

She drove to Pinkie's house.