Chapter 33

"But how?" I asked Sting

"I also don't know how did this happened. One day I just received an email from my parents that we are going to talked about our engagement. I said I'm totally opposed to that and they know what I did to Lucy. But they insisted that they've already talked with Uncle Jude, they said that it was a fixed marriage to keep our family status for the next generation. This was because we are indebted to the Heartfilia and since they are having a hard time now they are making sure to secure everything with all their power."

"I don't know what to say. Our family is messed up."

"I know, that is why I need to talk to Lucy. Maybe together we can persuade them to call back the engagement. Uncle Jude didn't know that I'm here in Japan that's why I came straight from your school to talk to Lucy."

"Lucy is not there anymore." I said

"What do you mean?"

"She runs away from home for about a year now. But don't worry it's not like Uncle Jude abandoned her he just thinks that she's just in her rebellion stage. He still supports her financially through her bank account. It's been a year since they've seen each other."

"But why? Why did she run away?" Sting asked with concerns in his eyes. I don't know what to feel, I am still mad and guilty about what happened 2 years ago.

"I don't know."

"Can you take me to her? Jellal Please take me to where Lucy is!"
---

Natsu's POV

What is that spouting nonsense?! Fiance?! He's the one that leave Lucy broken now he's going to show up telling me he's her fiancé? I hurried back home and went straight to Lucy's unit. I tried ringing her doorbell but she's not answering the door. I tried pushing her pin but she changed the passcode again.

'What's wrong Lucy can't you tell me what's going on?'

I went back to my apartment and went to my room. I lay down and tried calling Lucy on my phone.

"Lucy! Thank God you pick up. Look I'm sorry about earlier, I made you upset."

[It's okay, don't worry about me. I'm sorry too.]

"Can I come see you?"

[I'm sorry but I want to be alone right now.]

"You know that there is only a wall between us but I missed you already. I feel like we're miles apart when I'm not seeing you, especially now that I know you are going through something."

[Thank you for worrying about me. ]

"If you are not ready to tell me, then I'll wait. Can I sing you a song? I just want you to cheer up."

[You don't have to do this Natsu.]

"I have to, because you are my girlfriend."

[Girlfriend huh? Please Natsu I know you just self proclaimed it. I never agreed you to be my boyfriend so please, please stop calling me and just disappear from my life.]

That's what she said and hung up.

"Disappear....Ha! Hahahhahaha!" I laugh hysterically and ended with a huge sigh...

I throw my phone across the room out of anger.  "I don't understand what's running on your mind Lucy! I just don't!"

---

to be continued...