Chapter 21

In the end of the game, our team won by two points. There were really close that I give it all I got in the last set. After the game both teams shakes hands and bow at each other as a sign of respect. I smirk at Natsu and Gray.

"1-0 Dragneel...Think you can keep up?" I teased

"I'm just starting Lucy. I won't let you win the next game." Natsu said

"Bring it! I won't back out." I said

"What is this, some sort of completion between the both of you?" Gray asked

"You can say that." I said and left them both and join the team in celebrating

Our team went to the locker room after the game. I was changing into my gym clothes for my next game...team marathon. It will be by clubs this time. I change into my running shoes and while I'm tying my shoe lace, Erza and Cana went up to me.

"Hey. Congratulations again Captain!" Cana said

"It's our victory Cana, not just mine." I said

"Of course it does." She chuckles

"Lucy, you never been distracted while playing, what happened to you back the 1st set?" Erza asked

I remember that I got distracted by Lisanna cheering for Natsu. I thought she hates that guy? Then why is she cheering for him and not us?!

"Hey! Snap out of it!" Erza said while snapping her fingers in front of my face. I didn't realize that I was spacing out just now.

"It's nothing really, don't worry about it." I lied. I don't want them to mind something not worth worrying for.

---

[Competitors for the Team Marathon, please proceed to the tracks...] Mira said on the microphone. Mirajane is the announcer for this year, last year was Erza. And since Erza is the SC President, she needs to monitor all the things happening during the school festival.

I did not mention it but I'm in Karate club. I just love karate that I rejected any other clubs that invites me. I'm just a member and I don't plan on becoming and officer of this club. It's too much work for me. I went on tracks with my club mates.

The team marathon by clubs will consists of 5 players that will run at the point of the other while passing something that the club is known for. I was in the last post and our material to pass on was a black belt. I was assigned at the last post because our president said that I am the fastest runner in our team.

I tried to have my focus when the game starts but at some point I can't. Why? Natsu Dragneel.

"What are you doing here?" I asked irritated because he keeps staring at me

"I joined a club." He said

"How is that even possible?" I asked because you can't just join any club in a short period of time

"I joined in this club last week during the preparation for this festival." He said pulling his hachimaki that is around his forehead.

"What club are you in?" I can't believe the determination of this guy to win. I said to myself with a sweat drop.

"Music club." He said and I was surprised because only great singers can join that club, and the worst part of that club is....wait don't tell me....

"Did Lisanna invite you into the club?" I asked

"yup." He said with a huge smile. WTF I knew it! She is the vice president of that club. That girl is still into him?! You'll pay for this Lisanna. I don't know what's running in your mind, but I started this battle because of you and I just can't stop now. Look at what you put me in this kind of situation. But thanks to her I have an idea why this Dragneel will approach me for.

"I'll win this thing." I said and focus on the tracks because the game just started.

"I didn't tell you this but I'm a track and field champion during middle school." Natsu bragged

"I don't care. I'm doing this for the club." I said. Honestly, I'm not feeling well today. I still have fatigues due to the last intense game with him at volleyball. I don't know I can run as fast as I can like before. But I will still do my best.

---

To be continued...

Ps. Hachimaki is the cloth that they put on their forehead like in anime's. :)