Betrayal

Renesmee POV

I looked at the clock. It was 5:30am. I didn't know if he wanted me there, but I didn't care. I went to the kitchen to get something to eat and tell my parents where I was going. Last time I went somewhere without asking, they threw a fit.

"Hey mom, I'm going to see Jacob."
"Okay honey, come back soon."

I ran to La Push as fast as I could. When I got there, I saw Sam and the gang by the beach. I was about to say hey, but I heard them talking about something.
"I'm glad Billy's dead, he was always a pain to be around." What? I thought they liked him? "Yeah. And besides, Jacob is no where as good as an Alpha as you are Sam. Too bad he didn't get any lessons from his pathetic father."

Sam sniffed. He must have smelt me. I ran to Jake's house so they wouldn't know I was eavesdropping. I had to tell Jake. I ran into his house, but I ran right into his hot warm skin I always loved. "Nessie I smelt you, what are you doing here?" I hesitated. I didn't want to see him more hurt. "I came to check on you. But listen, there's bad news I need to tell you." He rolled his eyes. "There's more?! What happened now?" "I overheard Sam and the guys talking about you and your dad. And they weren't the best things..." Jacob looked concerned. "Tell me what they said." I didn't want to tell him. I didn't want to see him even more hurt. I just couldn't.

"I... I can't tell you Jake. You won't like it." He put his hands on my shoulders. A cold chill went down my body. What was that? I have never felt that way before. "Please Ness." I regretted even saying anything. "Why don't we go take a walk?" I think he knew what I was trying to do, but it doesn't hurt to try. He went along with it anyways. I took him to the cliff, where we always had fun there. He would put me on his back and jump off. Good memories. I knew he was always going to be my best friend. Or was he? When he picked me up and said he loved me, I didn't know anymore. But I've always known Jacob, ever since I was born. (which wasn't that long ago considering I grew really quickly) Did he feel the same?

Jake interrupted my thoughts. "So back to our other conversation, what did Sam say?" Great, I thought I got rid of that. "Um... Why don't we go cliff diving?" Jacob sighed. I didn't want to keep him waiting like this, but I also didn't want to tell him. I seemed to persuade him enough, I knew he loved to do that. We climbed and climbed. I could have gone faster, but I wanted to take as long as possible so that he would forget about it. When we reached the top, he reached for my hand. "Look, I know your refraining from telling me, but you're gonna have to tell me some time. You can't keep it on forever." I doubted that. I was pretty good with keeping secrets. But I let him win. He grabbed my hand and pulled me close into his chest. Another cold chill went down my body. My stomach dropped farther than the bottom of the cliff. I tried as hard as I could to stop hyperventilating. I love Jacob. I always have. But was I in love with him? I don't know. I didn't know what to do until he finally spoke.

"Ready?" He asked, pulling me up onto his back. I put my arms around his neck and nodded. "Ready." He leapt forward and we fell down. The breeze whooshed my hair back, and I smiled. I would always remember this moment. Forever. When we reached the surface, I giggled and Jake smiled real big. He took me to shore and Jacob asks again. He was right, I had to tell him some time. I sighed. "Promise you won't get mad?" "Well, you know I'm a wolf and I can't control my temper sometimes..."

"Jake!" He chuckled. "Alright alright, I promise." I took a deep breath and told him everything I knew. I really hoped he wouldn't be mad. What if he got mad at me for snooping? Jake stared for a while. Actually, not just a while a really really really long time. "He said what?" His skin started getting more and more red. "Jake it's okay, they're stupid. Calm down Jake, calm down." But he didn't seem to hear me. His breathing got heavier. But I didn't move. I trusted Jacob. And even if I did get hurt, I wouldn't care. I'd understand if he lost his temper. He looked like he wondered why I wasn't running away by now. But I wasn't scared. Not one bit.

Then, his clothes ripped and he phased into his big furry brownish colored wolf. I still didn't move. He jumped at me and walked back. He seemed to be staring at something on me. I looked down to see my arm, dripping down with blood.