The Yule Ball

Lily's P.O.V

It's been 3 weeks since I went shopping for my Yule Ball outfit. It is now the day of the Yule Ball, and we don't have classes today so we can get ready. I get ready in a cute button up shirt and some skinny jeans so I can have breakfast. Right when I sat down, Harry came and sat down next to me. "Hey love," he said as he kissed me. "Hey Harry," I answered. We both began to have breakfast. Harry asked "are you ready for the night of your life?" I answered "yeah, but I'm kinda nervous." He smiled and said "it's ok. I just want you to have the night of your life." I smiled, and we kept talking about what we might do later. We both would not spill anything about what we were gonna wear. After we finished breakfast, we got up and walked back to the common room holding hands. We ran into Hermione and Ron, and then we talked a bit. Hermione said "hi lovebirds! Are you two going to the common room?" I answered "yea." We kept walking, and I had really bad nerves. I think I was shaking because Harry chuckled and asked "are you nervous?" I said "yea." He put his arm around me and said "it's ok, you can relax." I put my arm around him too, and he said "there you go." Hermione smiled. "We'll leave you guys alone now," said Ron, and they walked away. Harry walked me to the stairs of my common room and said "see you at 6:00," because we had to be downstairs by that time. "Ok," I said and then I kissed him. I went upstairs and began my makeover. I took a shower, dried my hair, and brushed it out. I put my hair in a bun so I could finish my makeup and put on my dress. After I made my temporary bun, I put my dress on, and then did my makeup. I took my time since I had all day. After my shower and my makeup, it was 5:00 because I made sure everything was perfect and I took a long shower since I shaved. After I finished my makeup, I did my hair. By the time I finished my hair, it was 5:50. I slipped my shoes on and headed out. I watched to see if Harry was outside so he wouldn't see my dress. He was in the common room, so I waited a few minutes until I didn't see him in the common room. I then left the common room, and noticed he had gone down. I stopped at the staircase he was standing at the bottom of. I waited behind the wall while I took some deep breaths. I then saw Hermione, and I told her to go first since I needed to take a few deep breaths. She nodded and then went down first. I waited till she went off with Victor Krum to go down. As I took my last deep breath, I headed down the stairs, my eyes on Harry. He turned around and gasped. His jaw dropped, and he smiled. I smiled, and then I reached the bottom step. He gave me his hand, and I took it. He brought my hand up to his lips and kissed it. I went down the last step, and he kissed me. "You're even more beautiful," he said. I said "and you look even more handsome." He put his arm around me, and I put my arm around him. McGonagall came and said "Harry, Lily, you two need to get ready for the champions dance. I need you to head to the Great Hall door now." We nodded, and Harry held my hand. He then asked me "ready?" I answered "as ready as I'll ever be." We walked to the Great Hall door, and positioned ourselves somewhere in the middle of the line. We saw the doors open, and Harry asked one last time "are you ready?" I answered "yeah." We hooked arms and walked into the common room. It looked really beautiful. We stopped in the middle, and then the music began. Harry and I began dancing, and Harry still looked at his feet. I giggled and said "look at me." He looked up and then kept dancing. He danced even better when he wasn't looking at his feet. Once the sarong was over, Harry then asked me if I wanted to walk with him. I said yes, so we went outside and walked along the path. We were holding hands, and after walking and talking for a while, we sat down. He put his arm around me, and I laid my head on his shoulder. He kissed my head, and then said "I love you so much." I answered "I love you so much too." I lifted my head and looked at Harry. He looked at me, and then we kissed. We stayed like this for a bit until I heard a slow song and saw people slow dancing. I grabbed Harry's hand and dragged him saying "come on Harry! I wanna slow dance." He laughed and I started giggling. We got back to the dance floor, and we began to slow dance as a new song came on. (Song is at the top, it's Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran). I looked into Harry's beautiful, emerald green eyes. The one pair of eyes I loved, and the only ones I would love.

Harry's P.O.V

Lily wanted to slow dance, so we got back to the dance floor. I looked into her soft, brown eyes. I loved her so much. I could see happy she was in her eyes. I noticed her necklace and asked her "is that the necklace I bought you?" She smiled and answered "yeah, I decided to wear it today." As we kept slow dancing, she rested her head on my shoulder, and I pulled her waist closer to me. She held on tighter, and i kissed her cheek. Her arms were around my neck, and I had my arms around her waist. Halfway through the song, I thought she fell asleep, so I called her name and also slipped a nickname in there. I whispered softly "Lily..... Love..... Are you asleep?" She answered "no but I thought I was going to." I chuckled and she giggled. This is why I love her.

Lily's P.O.V

I really love Harry. I feel like a princess when I'm with him. We danced all night long until I couldn't walk anymore. I told Harry "I can't walk anymore." He smiled and answered "I can fix that problem." He picked me up bridal style, and then brought me to the common room. He laid me on the couch, and we cuddled. We were the only ones in the common room. I decided to ask Harry how much he loved me. He answered "there aren't enough words for me to describe how much I love you." I smiled, and then we sat up. We noticed no one was coming up, so we went back down and heard the song Adventure of a Lifetime by Coldplay. We ran to the dance floor and began to dance again. I had tested my legs enough. We danced and I twirled a few times. I then held Harry's hand and twirled until our arms were straight and then I twirled back. When I got to Harry he put his arms around me. We danced until the song ended. Harry then said "come on," and started running while holding my hand. I ran after him, and we went to a private area outside. Since it was around Christmas time, there were Christmas decorations everywhere. Harry then stopped running and said "look up," with a big smile on his face. I looked up and saw a mistletoe hanging above our heads. I looked back at Harry and he smiled. We leaned in slowly and kissed. We stayed a few seconds and then pulled away. We walked along the path until we got back inside. We walked back to the common room, and there were very few people in there. Harry looked tired, and so was I. He walked me to the staircase, and said "well, I hope you enjoyed this night." I smiled and answered "are you kidding? I loved it!" Harry said "I knew I loved you for a reason." I smiled and giggled. I gave him one last kiss and went upstairs. As I opened the door, I heard Harry say "Goodnight love!" I answered "Goodnight handsome," and then went in the dormitory. I saw Hermione laying down on her bed. A huge smile was planted on my face. Hermione said "well, someone had a great night." I giggled and said "I feel like a princess." Hermione said "I bet. I can see the way Harry treats you. He treats you like a princess." I answered "yeah. We just walked around the castle, danced a whole lot, and we also rested a bit." Hermione smiled and said "come on, I know you two kissed a ton." I smiled and asked "how could you tell?" She laughed and said "I saw you two as I passed by, and you two kissed a lot." I nodded and said "he even found a mistletoe so we could kiss under it." Hermione smiled and said "I'm glad you had a great time." I answered "yeah, I'm gonna rest now because I've never been this tired." Hermione and I laughed, and then we went to bed. This was by far the best day of my life. I had totally forgot about the Tournament.