Chapter Twenty-Nine

Duke P.O.V 

I was finally able to tell Eather about me staying here with Krissy and our plans. It a big breath of air able to get that out without him trying to brake away and go for a smoke break, which may I add pisses me off. I don't know how he got into the habit of smoking those damn cancer sticks, but its not just cigarettes but as well as weed. I don't know what I'm going to do with him at all. "Alright lets get to school." Eather pipes up as he slides into the passenger side of my car. I nodded and pull off the curb heading to school.  "Mind?" I glance at Eather as he's holding a pack of cigarettes and his lighter. 

"Yes. I do mind Eather." I snatch the pack out of his hands and throw them out the car window. "Get over that damn habit. Your seriously starting to piss me of with this damn smoking habit." Eather scoffs at me and sits back into the seat while scrolling through his phone doing god knows what. I pull into the parking lot and  park in the usual spot. "You sticking with us today or are you going to go head off somewhere with you stoner buddies?" Eather looked at me with disbelief in his eyes.

"What the hell is your problem Duke? First, you criticize me on what I've been doing for the last few days which is 1. Doing my homework even though you think I'm doing nothing. 2. You hate me smoking and you fucken threw out a very expensive pack of cigarettes that I haven't even had the damn chance to try." He let out a sigh and got out of the car. I get out of the car as well and run my hand through my already messy hair. 

"Get back here Eather!" I yell after him. He decides to ignore me so I run over to him and rap my arms around his waist securely so he has no chance of being able to get out of my grip. "Why did you even start smoking in the first place?" He sighed and leaded into my chest and put his head back on my shoulder. 

"Cause I can." I open my mouth to protest against his lame answer when Erin and James walk over to us hand in hand. I am so jealous of how there relationship is going. There going up hill while I'm here with Eather tumbling down hill. "Hey you two." Eather says with a hint of amusement in his voice while straightening up.

"Hey guys. Want to go chill out on the field it nice today." I nod for the both of us. Today Eather is not getting away from me to go and get stoned with his other buddies. "Alright lets go." Erin is just a small bundle of joy when he is around James and no one from James and I's old group has said a word to us about being gay. 

"Lets go Eather. You are sticking with me all day today." He groans and fallows through either way. "Aye. James can I talk to you." He nods and Slowly turn around beginning to walk away but quickly notice a smirk on Eather's face that make me stop. Turning back around facing Erin I instruct him to drag Eather with him and to make sure he stays. I chuckle at Eather expression and small noise in disagreement. "Alright lets go James."

"So what with you two? You guys were like love birds before." I sigh and shake my head.

"I have no idea what is wrong with him. Ever since he took up smoking. Which I very much dislike cigarettes and weed. He has been acting weird." 

"Weird as in? Details bro I might be able to help." I sigh again and look at him.

"Well every time I go in to kiss him he turns his head to the side making kiss his cheek. He also hates making eye contact with me. Which was his thing. Making eye contact no matter what was what he did. He also leaves without telling me and what I try to text him he doesn't even reply right away even though it had said he seen the damn message. He is just become so much fucken work its unbelievable." He looks at me taken back at my mini rant about my boyfriend, but soon recovers.

"So. It seem like he's becoming distant." I nod waiting. "It seem like either. A. He is seeing someone else. B. He is loosing interest in you. C. He is going through problems at home and doesn't want you to become worried and help. Or. D. Its something that your doing wrong." I think run all the possibility's that James had place on my table for me. I honestly don't even know who he talks to anymore so A can be possible, but he loves me and I believe he wont do anything to hurt me like that. I can also be possible he is loosing interest in me, but again we love each other. I hope. C. I haven't seen his family in a while. Maybe something is going down with his family. and finally D. He did blame me for thing this morning. Maybe it is that as well. 

"All of them can be possible. I don't know dude. I mean I still love him with everything. Its hard that he has become distant now." We both decide to walk back to the boys before Eather finds a way to slip away from Erin.

~~~~~~~~~~ Eather's P.O.V

I have no idea what Duke wants anymore. He told me him and his sister have a apartment here near her college and our high school so they both have accesses to school. I'm just tired of the way he wants to always kiss me. I mean at first I loved his kisses but now they are getting annoying with him trying to eat my face every time were with each other. He is constantly bitching about me smoking. Like come on let me be me. I hardly smoke cigarettes. What I smoke more is weed but, I mean what is so wrong with that, and yes I do have 'stoner buddies' as Duke says. I know we still love each other but like I had said before I need a brake from everything. I was pulled out of my thoughts as Duke sits down next to me and puts his arm around my waist. 

"So how are you two doing?" I look over at Erin and nod while saying that were okay and stuff, but James isn't believing my bullshit. "That's good."

"So how are you and James boy?" I say while making my hands into a heart and position it with Erin and James in the heart. Erin of course blushes like a loon at my hands and they both say there doing amazing. I'm happy for them.  The bell rings and well all go our separate ways heading to our classes.

~~~~~ Lunch

"I'm so glad that its lunch I need a smoke." I confess to Danny one of the people I go and smoke with. He nods and we both head to the back of the school and roll up a joint. 

"Hey dude you got a lighter. I lost mine." I nod and hand it over to Danny who take the first hit and hands it back to me. It went back and forth till it was gone and we were high off our ass. "Dude." I look over at him and see him looking at his phone. "Your boyfriend is looking for you and he is pissed." Danny laughs making it contagious and soon we are bursting with fits of laughter. 

"Ah. Man. I'm so dead If he fin--" I stop mid sentence as I see Duke stomping toward us. "Um. You want to make a run for it?" Danny nods and we both get up and dart the other direction. I stop for a quick breath which happen to be a bad decision as I am grabbed by Duke and shoved against the side of the school. "H-hi." Is all I could get out. He looks at me with a dangerous glint in his eyes making me nervous.

"What the hell was that?" Duke said calm and slowly making it even more scary. Knowing him when he is angry and he's talking calmly you are in for it. 

"Um. It was. Um. I didn't feel like dealing with your wrath." I shrugged and he gritted his teeth.

"So you decide to run." It wasn't a question it was a damn statement. I nod under his piercing gaze making me squirm. "You are so stupid some times. God damn Eather. Really? What makes running from me when I'm already pisses? Huh? I makes me even more fucken pisses. With hurt knowing you're running from me! Me Eather. ME!" Why me? Is all I can think about at this moment in time.