"Excuse you, are you the one that is trying to win my heart over with a bucket?!"

I can't let Damon get owned by a hobo!

Vanessa presses a fist against her mouth, and I quickly fish out my phone and tap at his contact name. Hearing the phone ring is one of the best things in my life at this moment.

A bunch of instruments is all I can hear and he quickly fumbles with the phone before picking the call. Latest iPhone. Lucky much?

"Hey, I'm craving pasta today. Do you think you could make me some?" I make my voice as quiet as possible and Vanessa looks like she may blow up due to suppressed laughter at any moment.

"Well, hello to you too Diadem." Besides Damon, Kenneth physically tenses and his face transforms into the epitome of unadulterated anger. Of course, Damon doesn't notice this. "And pasta?! Come on, I made—"

"Fine. Sorry. No pasta. I get you. Thanks," I cut him off with a fake sigh. "I guess I'll talk to you later."

"Wait! I was just joking. Of course, I'll make your pasta. It'll be sexier than anything from Italy."

"Hmm."

"You're highly annoying."

"Make my pasta, you steroid. Thank you."

I quickly cut the call and I watch as Damon sighs loudly. "Uh, good luck Ken. I have something to do."

He walks into the kitchen and I silently cheer. Vanessa shakes her head. "It's way too early for the guy to even think about being Paulina whipped."

I ignore her as I watch Kappa shove the bucket of Maltesers against Kenneth's chest before stomping out of the Café.

Wow thanks, Damon, you just had to kill Kappa's vibe.

"I think this is our cue." Vanessa nudges me. I shake my head slowly as Kenneth whips out his phone.

My phone vibrates in my hand and I stop the urge to laugh when I see the caller ID; Jerkalicious.

"I'm kind of scared to see what you put as my caller ID. Steroid Pillow and Jerkalicious." Vanessa mutters as I pick the call.

"Assalam alay-"

"Paulina, don't play innocent, I know you're behind this," he practically spits into the phone and also, in front of me. Not that he knows about the second part but still.

"I wasn't playing innocent. I was just giving a standard greeting," –which I actually didn't get to complete. Now that I think about it, I haven't been completing most of my greetings because of boys. This must be a sign that I should abstain from guys and their boyishness.

...Nah.

"So you admit sending a hobo to give me back the Maltesers I sent to you?" He looks like he's going to brain himself against the counter. In my defense, he's my ex; he knows exactly what I'm capable of! He's seen me do much worse.

I roll my eyes. "Get back with me? A bucket of Maltesers? Did you really think that would have worked with me?"

"Well, I knew I was going to do a shit load more but that doesn't mean you have the right to shove my feelings back in my face through a hobo!"