"Yeah."
"And you left 'the popularity level' to me?" He says earning another Yeah. "Well we are second popular. Sam's friends are first. All because Paul Lahote is the biggest player in school." Mateo says but it doesn't bother him, nor does it bother me. I don't care I'm not in school anymore.

"There are rumors going around saying that after Sam disappeared that he came back, he is making a gang of guys. He already has two guys in other then him." Mateo says.
"Who?"
"Jared Cameron, was first, followed by Paul Lahote." Mateo says.

"Well they choose the wrong path if Sam is only up to no good." I tell him.
"True, but im not done. You see apparently Leah moved on and with Paul Lahote." Mateo says any I wasn't expecting that. "So it's Friday, what do you want to do?" Mateo asks.
"Your 17 right?" I ask him making sure.
"Yeah, why?" Mateo asks a little scared.

"Oh no reason really. I just asked so we can go to club kinda for teens." I tell him.
"There is such thing?" He asks shocked.
"Yeah. There is loud music, drink without alcohol. I'm doing it because of you okay. I'd break the rules and go to a different place." I tell him.

"Let's go. I'm going to go drop my stuff off and change. Swing by in an hour and thirty." Mateo stands up slinging his bag on.
"Okay, I'll see you later." I wave him off. I pick.up the bag of chips and pit them away with everything else.

I go to my room and look for an outfit that would fit. I feel like a girl. Usally I throw on whatever I see and goes together but that won't be the case for tonight. I have a shift tomorrow at the café so I have to be good to go. Alcohol free.

I pull on a white shirt with a black strip around the sleeve. I slip on a pair of ripped, blue jeans, with white paint. I'm ready, well except for my shoes and something to wear over to keep me warm. I find a green bomber jacket on a chair in my room and one white Jordan by the side of the bathroom and the other downstairs. What?

I grab the keys to my car and walk outside

I grab the keys to my car and walk outside. I bump into my Mom at the driveway.
"Danilo, where are you going?" She asks.
"I'm going with Mateo. I'll see you later. Love you." I kiss her head and give her a hug before getting in the car and driving to Mateo's place.

" I kiss her head and give her a hug before getting in the car and driving to Mateo's place

I honk and Mateo comes out with his mouth moving. He closes the door and pulls on his jacket.
"I'm ready, let's go." He says taking in his breath.

I said it would be loud but now that we are inside it is alot louder then I thought and mentioned. We get a soda and watch the people dancing around. Although this place is suposed to be Alcohol and Drug free. Some people are high, and drunk.

Mateo looks past me squinting his eyes and then they open wide.
"What?" I look at him and turn but he answers my question.
"It's true." Is all he says.
"What?" I say even more confused.

"Leah is here with Paul and Jared." I turn around myself and see them. Leah looks different from when I last saw her. Her black long hair is shoulder length, that hasn't changed. When she laughs, when she smiles, I notice that the spark she had when she was with Sam is gone.

Her smiles and laughs are forced. The spark, the shine, in her eyes are not their. Mateo said the Paul is the school jock and it's pretty obvious. I don't know what she saw in him. Paul might seem like he is paying attention to her but she is checking out the other girls around, scanning them from head to toe.

She turns and meets my eyes. I turn back around to Mateo.
"You weren't lying, bro." I stand to go get another drink for us.
"Here you go." The man says.
"Thanks and also, see the girl over there with the two guys. Shoulder length hair?" I ask him, he hms.

"Put her drinks under my name. I'll pay them." I tell him and he nods. I get back and their a two girl climbing on him. By the time he notices me he is pleading for my help. With one of them.

I slide in the round both and one of them moves over. I hold her waist and drink from my cup. I don't intend her and I to go somewhere tonight just for company right now. We take them out to dance in the crowd and her body doesn't leave mine. We have two different wants for tonight.

I get tapped on my back and turn around. Paul, Jared and Leah.
"What's up?" I ask him. The girls hands go on my shoulder from behind.
"Paying for my girl's drinks. I don't like that." Paul says.

"Paul, leave it." Leah tells him but he ignores her.
"You don't like that." I say. "I don't like that you are going behind her back with other girls when she is barely mending from her broken heart." Once I said that Leah stepped back not expecting it.

I was caught off guard watching Leah when I got hit in the face. I stumbled but gained my balance and looked back at him, challenging him to swing at me again. He does, he aims for any part in my face but I block it and hit him on the nose.

Jared catches him and pushes him back up. I punch him in the stomach. I walk to Leah and look at her straight in the eyes.
"Be more careful with who you date." I pull Mateo from the hood of his jacket outside so we can leave.

"What was that? Why did you do that, Danny?" Mateo asks me as I drive off from the night of what was supposed to be fun.
"I don't know." I answer with all honesty and truth behind it.

Leah Clearwater P.o.v

I recognized his face but couldn't remember his name when I first saw his face.

I was aware about Paul and what he does when I got into this relationship. He left me frozen with his action, Danny. I hadn't seen him all summer until now.

He changed in a good way. He is hotter and I understand why he was the most popular and the girls and guys would do anything to be with him, to surround him. His style of clothes is great, beard/ mustache, makes him look smoking, his hair is perfect. His body, if just super fine. Muscles, and I bet there are abs under the jacket and shirt.

Jared and I both get Paul in the car and Jared drives back. I get dropped off and sneak into my place. Thinking back to what Danny said, he has a point. To Paul I'm just another girl. I guess I should break up with him. But, why would Danny even care about me?

I lay in bed with my mind all a mess. I'll go visit Paul tomorrow morning. I can't get Danny out of my head. I never payed much attention to him. Now, now I can't get him out and all my attention is set on him.

First chapter.what do you guys think. Next chapter soon. Don't now when just soon.
~Evelyn