A Special Announcement

Today I decided that it was a perfect day to announce to the kingdom that in two weeks' time I am to marry Robin. I'm there in my room and I put on a royal blue dress with black in border of it. I put my crown on and my engagement ring. I walk up to the mirror and I just stared at myself. I touch the necklace Killian gave me and I started to cry. As I'm standing there all I can do is remember everything that happened between Killian and I. I know I love him with all my heart but I have a duty to my kingdom. I wipe my tears and smile. I fix my face and I walk out the room. "Ready beautiful?" Robin asked as he extended his arm towards me. I grab hold of his arm and nodded. "Hun remember we will have new recruits to be trained to be Knights." He nods at me. "Yes and later you will be meeting them ok Emma?" I nod. "Let's enjoy this and then I will go and do as my love says." I squint my eyes and he gives me a soft kiss on the lips. I couldn't help but think of Killian. After we let go I tried to ease my mind and forget about Killian. We walk towards the balcony and I could hear so many people shouting. Yes, the whole kingdom was gathered so we can share the news of our wedding date with them. The announcer greets the people and will proceed to announce us. "Now presenting Prince Robin and Princess Emma future King and Queen of Middle Haven." Robin grabs my hand and we walk towards the balcony. We get to the balcony and the whole kingdom is cheering. The people here are really nice well from what I know, so I felt like their cheering and joy was genuine. Its only been like a few times I've been out but the times I was out they have been amazing well before my whole thing with Killian. "My loyal subjects I would like to announce that in two weeks' time I will be marrying this beautiful woman right here." Everyone starts to clap and shout. I nod and smile. Robin continues to speak and I just look around. So many different faces down there. I come across a face that seemed all too familiar. He looked so much like Killian and he seemed so sad and angered. I touched my necklace as I looked at him. This can't be, he's a merman and doesn't have legs. I shook my head. Then Robin pulls me close to him and kisses my cheek and everyone claps and cheers. That's our cue to leave. We walk back inside and Robin hugs me. "They seem happy." I nod as I touch his chest. "They love you my flirtatious Prince." He smiles at me flirtatiously and I shake my head. "Well duty calls I shall go prepare to meet the new recruits." I smile and nod. He gives me a sweet kiss and then walks away. As soon as he leaves I walk to my room. I walk down the stairs to the spot where Killian and I used to meet. I looked around and nothing. It was useless, I seriously need to forget about him, this has to end. I walk back to my room and I lock the door and I hid the key in the drawer. I laid on the bed and decided to end the day early and go to sleep.

Killian's POV
After hours of walking we finally made it to Middle Haven. Luckily before I gave the man my gold I had taken out a couple of coins. I went and bought food for Regina and I and we sat down in the nearby tables. We look around and there was so much commotion going on. "What do you think is going on?" Regina asks as she continues to eat. I shrug. A man passes by and I stop him. "Sir what's all the commotion for, what's going on?" He smiles. "Oh my dear sir the prince and princess are going to share some news with us and everyone is gathered in the town square to listen." I nod and he walks away. "That has to be Emma right?" Regina shrugs. We finished eating and made our way to the town square. The whole kingdom was gathered here. A man comes out from the balcony. "Hear ye, Hear ye. Today is a special day and the royal couple thanks you for joining them on this very special day." I give Regina a weird look. "This cannot be good." I nod as she gives me a sad look back. I'm scared for what they have to say. "Now presenting Prince Robin and Princess Emma future King and Queen of Middle Haven." I see as Emma and Robin come out. My heart breaks when I hear him say the future king and queen of Middle Haven. Even though my heart was breaking I was relieved to know that she had made it. Last time I saw her she was bloody and nearly dead. I look up and Emma looked beautiful as ever and my eyes shot open when I saw what was hanging on her neck. It was the necklace I gave her. "My loyal subjects I would like to announce that in two weeks' time I will be marrying this beautiful woman right here." My heart broke even more at the sound of Robin saying that. Regina grabbed my hand and I held it tight. "I guess she forgot about you Killian." I stayed quiet. I was so sad and mad. My love for her never died yet it seemed that hers for me did because she quickly moved on. She looks my way and her smile fades and she touches her necklace. She thinks I'm Killian, that's good. By the way she acted only proved that she thought I was dead and that she still love me. I need to get close to her and let her know that I'm alive and that I'm here for her. I see Robin grabbing her and kisses her cheek. My blood began to boil. Then they proceeded back inside the palace. The people began to disperse and I was just standing there with Regina at my side. "I'm sorry Killian." I nod. "Let's go see if I can find a job." She nods. An elderly man stops me. "You looking for a place to work?" I nod. "Today's your lucky day my boy, the palace is hiring new recruits to be Knights and new kitchen staff." I look at Regina and she smiled. "Thank you sir." He smiles and nods. "Hey if we are hired we will be sleeping close to the palace or inside." She nods. "Hey at least we will be together." I nod. "We will be friends forever." I nod as Regina is saying this. She goes and hugs me. We walk over to the palace and part ways. She goes over to the kitchen area and I make my way to the Knights hall. I get there and I see a man and Robin there. I sighed. I would see the man that's marrying my love. I put on a straight face and walked up to the table. "I'm here to see if there's still room for a new recruit." Robin looks up at me and squints his eyes. "Do you have any family?" I shake my head. He continued to ask me a bunch of questions and I started to get nervous. "Your majesty it would be an honor to serve and help protect you, your future queen and your people." He smiles. "Well sign here." I sign. "Welcome Mr. Jones." I shake his hand and I smile. The man next to him tells me everything, like where I'll be sleeping, and how much I'll be paid and what not. "Ok Patrick that's it, Killian is the last recruit, now it's time for them to train." Patrick bows and I bow. Robin walks away and I just stared at him. Patrick looks at me and smiles "Welcome mister Jones, this way please." He leads me to the center courtyard where all the other recruits were at. "Ok from now on you will call me as captain understood?" "Yes captain!" Everyone said in unison. I was just startled. "Ok I will assign partners and you will be training with them everyday. Tomorrow you will all be fitted for your uniforms. You are to where them at all times when not in training." Everyone nods. He started to name all the groups and he got to mine. "Ok Killian Jones your partner is August." I look at August and he nods. "Ok start to train men." August grabs a sword and comes up to me. "Do you know how to wield a sword bro?" I shake my head. "Ok then that will be the first thing you will learn then we will learn self defense." I nod.

Robin's POV
I walk away from the Knights hall and I go and look for Emma. I want to see how she is. She's not the same since the accident but I don't want to bug her and I don't bother asking what's wrong. I know this whole arranged marriage thing she doesn't really like but she does worry me. Sure I might be a flirt and I annoy her but its so she could laugh. I'm walking and someone bumps into me. I fall to the floor and I rub my temple. "Ow." I look up and I see this beautiful young lady. She has these amazing dark brown eyes that literally shined with the light and her black hair defined her face so beautifully. "Oh my gosh I am so sorry your majesty for bumping into you, I..." I laugh and I get up. I dust off my clothes and I extend my hand out to her. She grabs it and gets up. "It's ok miss?" "Oh Mills, Regina Mills." She says and bows. I smile at her. "I'm sorry I was looking for the kitchen and well your castle is so big and I got lost and well I..." I smiled and nodded. "It's ok Regina, it will be my pleasure to escort you." Her eyes shot open. "No your majesty you are a busy man I wouldn't want to take up your time." She was so cute it warmed my heart. "Nonsense I would love to escort you and besides if I don't take you myself you might get lost again and bump into me again." She laughed and blushed. She bowed. "Thank you." I nodded. We walked and even though we were both quiet it wasn't awkward. We would just glance and smile at each other and I loved that. "Well here we are, the kitchen." She bows. "Thanks again your majesty." "Anytime." I say with a smile and bow to her. She smiles and walks in. I walk away and I had the biggest smile on my face. For the first time in a long time I wasn't acting like a total flirt. I was nervous yet comfortable with her. I shake my head of those thoughts. I can't be acting like that with another woman that's not Emma. I walk into Emma's room and there she is asleep on the bed. Emma looked so peaceful sleeping there, I just smiled and how beautiful she is. That's when my mind started to wander and Regina came to my mind. What I just felt with Regina I had never felt with Emma. I shook my head of the thought of Regina and focused on other pressing matters like the well being of Emma and the wedding.

Regina's POV
I couldn't believe that I bumped into the prince well future king. He is so handsome and the way he was treating me made me melt. I caught myself smiling and that's when I stop myself. He's engaged and plus I'm in love with Killian but then again Killian's in love with Emma. I sigh. Man I have such bad luck with men. "May I help you?" I hear a voice say and I turn around. "Oh yes I heard that you were in need of a new maid for the future king and queen?" She gives me a weird look. "You have any experience cleaning?" I shake my head. "Can you read and organize things alphabetically?" I nod. "Ok well seeing how his majesty escorted you here I guess you're hired, come with me." I smile. As we are walking she talks to me about how much I will be paid, my hours and duties. She escorts me to my room and hands me my uniform. "You are to wear this at all times." I nod. "Ok once you're dressed you will go into the kitchen and help with dinner then help with serving the Knights." I nod. "And you shall address me as Mrs. Hughes." I nod. She walks out and closes the door behind her. I sat down on my bed and sighed. I guess this is going to be my life from now on. I take my clothes off and I put them in the closet and I put my maid uniform on. I put my little white hat on and walked out of my room towards the kitchen.