Confusion and Consequences

I'm laying there and I'm confused as can be. All I can remember is seeing a man's face under the water. That's when I feel someone's hand caressing my cheek. I simply smiled at the feeling because in all honesty, it felt good though. That's when I get the urge to cough. I cough up water and I am super dizzy. I start to open my eyes and I see that face again. I see these amazing blue eyes staring down at me. This man was very handsome well from what my squinty eyes could see. He's staring at me with a huge smiles and I couldn't help but smile back. I grabbed his hand that was on my cheek and I continued to smile at him. Who was this man that saved me? That's when I hear someone scream my name. He looks down at me and smiles at me one more time. I felt his hand leave my cheek and I gasp. I quickly get up and he's gone. I rub my eyes and thought to myself, did I just imagine him? I look around and nothing, I walk up to shore and I look out to the sea to see if I could get a glimpse of him, but there was nothing. I see nothing, there's no sign of him. "Your majesty." I turn back and it was the lieutenant. "Are you ok your majesty?" I nod and that's when I felt like I was going to pass out. He grabs me and picks me up in his arms. We start to walk away and my gaze doesn't leave the sea. Im pretty sure someone did save me and I will find them and I will thank them. As my mind was wandering I get a little dizzy and I pass out.

Killian's POV
I swim down to the palace and tried to go back to my room without getting caught. A big storm formed so this meant that the mermaid weather council were going to know about it and are going to want to know the whereabouts of all the Mer folk. Flora tries to go back to her home by the reef before they start to question her. I swim into my room and my mom is in there. "Oh hey mom." She has her arms crossed and has a mad look on her face. "Where were you son when the storm hit?" I start to panic but I try to keep it cool. "What storm?" She scoffs. "Son don't play with my intelligence." I smile and swim up to her. "Mom I was just swimming around the palace with Flora." She scoffs. "Son..." I stayed quiet and that's when my dad bursts through the door. My mom and me got startled and he swam up to us. "You better hope to the sea that what I heard is only a rumor." I start to panic. Could it be that he already found out that I saved a human, well a woman? "What do you mean father?" "The mermaids told me that there was someone who was up in the surface during the storm and everyone's accounted for except you." I stayed quiet. "And not only was that someone there but that someone was seen saving a woman from drowning." I gave my father a weird look. I looked over at my mom and she was starting to worry. "Look at me father do you seriously think that I can save a human and endure a storm? Come on." He squints his eyes and someone comes in and whispers something to him. I start to get nervous. If he finds out the truth, I will be banished for sure. His face turns red and he starts to frown. "You are to not speak of this to anyone Luke." He bows. "Please leave us and I will take care of this." "Yes your majesty." Luke bows and he closes the door. I gulp. He found out, my father knows. He slowly swims towards me and the look on his face will for sure haunt me for the rest of my days. "And yet you have the audacity to lie to my face and deny the fact that you saved that woman from drowning?" I look at my mom and her face saddens me. I had to man up and take responsibility for my actions. "Yes, I saved her and I took her up to the surface and left her on the shore." Both my parents gasp. My mom starts to cry. "Son you know that's forbidden." I nod. My dad backhands me. I knew that was going to happen. I nod as I touch my cheek. "Well I accept my punishment." My dad laughs. "No this is what you wanted, you want to be banished so you could be free and do whatever you like. I'm pretty sure you like this woman if not you wouldn't have saved her, am I right son?" I look down and nod. My mom gasps. "It's not like I will ever become something great here dad, all my brothers hate me and most of them are married already so I serve you no purpose." My mom sighs. "You're our son." I smile. "You mean he's your son because from this day on he's not my son." Hearing those words crushed my heart. He was swimming away and then he swims back up to me. "You are to stay within the palace walls, this place will be your banishment, you are to not speak to me and about you being useful one day you will be needed and you will not like it but you will have no other choice but obey my command." I was so mad. "Do you understand?" I stayed quiet. "Am I clear Killian?" I nod. He starts to swim away and he stops at the door. "Oh and if you decide to escape or try to go outside the palace walls I will send you to the prison." I nod and he swims out the door and closes it. My mom looks at me and starts to cry. "Why didn't you tell me son?" I sigh. "Mom there was no point in telling you, I didn't think anyone was going to find out I mean I just saved her, I didn't want her to die." She sighs. "I know you have a good heart son but you know our laws and your father had mercy on you." I scoff. "What father, you mean the king?" She gasps. "I'm not his son anymore so he's not my father." She looks down and sighs. "I'm sorry son but please obey your father I wouldn't want to see you in prison." I nod. "Don't worry mother I will listen to the king." She sighs. "Love you son." I nod. She swims away and leaves me alone in the room. I go up to my window and I clench my fists and hit the window sill. I didn't care if he kept me locked in here but one way or another I'm going to escape and have a life of my own.