Engagements

We lost a couple of men during the storm so my parents decided that my trips to the sea were reduced to 0. I was not thrilled, I wanted to search for the man that saved me but how can I do that when I'm practically on house arrest. My parents were seriously exaggerating, I've been in storms worse than that and they never reacted like this. I was so thankful to that man that saved me. I didn't tell anyone about him because, one I have literally no one to talk to and second they will say that my mind made him up and the water brought me up to the shore. I clearly remember his face that if I see him I would be able to recognize him in an instant. There I am in my room gazing out to the sea and my mother walks in. "How you holding up sweetie?" I give her a weird look. "Mom it's been weeks since the accident, I'm fine." She sighs. "Well I'm glad because I think we found a suitor for you and you are to meet him in the kingdom of Middle Haven." I scoff. "Are you serious mother?" She nods. "I told you I was not going to be a part of an arranged marriage!" She sighs. "I know sweetie but I've known these people for a long time and if you and the prince get married both our kingdoms will prosper greatly." I sigh. "So my happiness doesn't count?" She sighs. "You're acting like a child Emma, this is your duty, you owe this to your people and your kingdom; sometimes we must make sacrifices and this is one you must make." I look down and I sigh. "I guess we aren't all lucky, like you and dad huh?" She gives me a weird look. "Yes you and dad fell in love, that's what I want. I want to fall in love not be forced into a marriage." She sighs. "I know sweetie but sometimes life isn't fair and it's tough to be a princess." I stood there quietly. "Well just letting you know that tomorrow you will be living in their kingdom for a couple of months so you will get to know each other." I nod and sigh. She walks away and closes the door. I was so furious but what could I do. I start to pack all of my clothes and belongings. After a couple of hours, I closed my last suitcase and placed them by the door. Tomorrow was going to be the beginning of the worst days of my life. I couldn't help but stare out to the sea and look at the darkness that was consumed among the water. If only I had the guts to run away and start a life of my own. I went and changed into my night gown and laid on the bed. I closed my eyes and tried my best to to enjoy my last night here in the comfort of my own home.

Killian's POV
Its been a couple of weeks and I haven't been outside the palace walls. Flora is still visiting and is shocked from what my father did to me. I told her if she could go and tell Scott what happened so he wouldn't worry. I'm sitting there by the window sill and I was just observing all the Mer people that were gathered in the courtyard of the palace enjoying the afternoon. Someone comes bashing through the door and I jump from the window sill. "What the heck Kory, why are you storming into my room like that?" "Father demands a word with you?" I laugh. "He demands?" Kory nods. I sigh as I laugh. "Ehh what the hell, I'm locked in here so why not." He nods and we swim down to the grand conference hall. My father, mother and brothers were sitting around the main table. Kory and I get to the table and sit down. "Great now that everyone's here I would like to discuss a matter of importance." We all nod and I just roll my eyes, I didn't want to partake in anything. "So remember how we've been trying to come to agreements between us and the kingdom of Blue diamond?" Everyone nods. I think it's funny how my father being the king of the sea has to deal with stuff like this when a wave of his triton he could wipe that entire kingdom. "It so happens that we have come to an agreement and decided that we can unite only if an arranged marriage can be formed." I gasp. Oh that sucks two of my brothers aren't married so one of them is going to be the lucky one. "It so happens that their only daughter Belle, is the youngest out of their children and the governor wants my youngest son to be married to her and in this case my youngest son is Killian." I gasp. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Everyone turns and looks at me. "Absolutely not, I will not marry a stranger." "This isn't up for discussion, in two hours you are to leave to that kingdom and you are going to meet the daughter and the engagement will take place." I scoff. "You have no right to complain when you've been banished." I turn and gave Kendrick a dirty look. "I don't want to marry her, I..." My father puts his hand up. "Well you can forget about your human love because the one who you will be marrying will be Belle." I scoff. "Well you said you wanted to be useful and have a purpose right?" I give my dad an evil look. "Well the time has come for you to serve your people and come about with this arrangement." I sat there quietly. "You better not screw this up." I look at Kendrick and rolled my eyes. "So does this mean I'm not banished anymore?" My father sighs. "No you are free but please Killian don't do anything stupid you are representing me and your whole family. Please don't go to the surface and try your best to get along with Belle." I nod. "I'm sorry that I'm not like my brothers but I will try my best." He nods. They all continued to talk and my mind wandered somewhere else. I can't believe that I'm technically engaged. Wow, that goes to show you my luck. I wanted to be free but now I have conditional freedom. Well at least it's something. After their talk we are dismissed and I right away swim to my room and started to pack a suitcase. That's the one thing that I like of being a merman that we don't own a lot well clothing wise. Humans have to change a lot and for us it's always the same thing, I mean we have tails they have legs and have to wear clothes and I mean well the mermaids here have to change but us mermen we don't. I pack whatever I needed and I was on my way to the palace gates. I didn't want to leave because I was going to leave Flora and Scott the only two creatures who I love and adore. The carriage comes and I swim inside and place my suitcase down. My mother comes up to me and kisses me on the forehead. "I'm going to miss you son." I smiled and hugged her. "Me too." I look up and I could see my dad looking down from the balcony. "Tell the king I bid him goodbye." She sighs and nods. I look over and I see Flora hiding behind a rock. I wave goodbye. She waves back and I could see the sadness in her eyes. The carriage takes off and I start to make my way towards the kingdom of who knows what. I was not happy but I was happy to leave the palace.