Chapter 18 - A New Chance

A/N: I'm back! Hope you like this next update. I feel like this story is coming together now.
P.S. Please read the note at the bottom

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The bedroom was silent. The sound of soft sobs were heard. In actual fact they were loud cries but being held in Jungkook's arms, Taehyung's cries were muffled with the consolation from the younger. The heat that was there between them was scorching, but it was warm. Jungkook didn't care that he was sitting there with a fever and now wet shoulder. He just let the older's tears escape. In that moment, Jungkook's world paused and just focussed on Taehyung and what he had told him. He knew Taehyung somewhere had it tough, but he didn't realise how broken he had been. How undermined he was. How belittled he was made to feel. He would have said some kind words to Taehyung weren't for the fact that his throat closed from shock and he just sat there with wide eyes from shock. Actions speak louder than words and Jungkook knew that just holding the older would hopefully be enough. He hoped it would be enough to stop Taehyung's tears that fell during his time recounting the painful memory. Even though he was physically weak at the time, he knew Taehyung was weaker and felt physically obliged to protect him at all costs. The room continued in its silence while Taehyung calmed down. Tears eventually running dry, Taehyung slowly backed out from Jungkook's embrace to face him. The younger could only see the red, sore eyes of the older. He looked completely defeated but even in his despair state, Jungkook thought he was still stunning, still angelic.

"So now you know" Taehyung sniffed and ended it with a slight smile, trying to show it didn't hurt but Jungkook knew it hurt deeply. "Now you know why I didn't want to get close to you."

"What you mean Tae?" Jungkook asked while still consoling.

"I mean that people like you don't ever place themselves with people like me. You're on a different level. That's why I didn't want to get close because it's people like you who degrade me just because I'm not wealthy." The older sniffed again, only this time with a bit of anger hinting in his voice. Jungkook just nodded. He could only agree. Before he met Taehyung, when he was still the empty shell that he was, he saw how people who came from privileged backgrounds treated those like Taehyung. Even his parents wouldn't converse with people lower than them. Taehyung was different to Jungkook though. To him, Taehyung was worthy on a level no money could buy. Taehyung was pure and that alone was greater than any wealth.

"I'm sorry Tae" Jungkook apologised and just held him closer. Taehyung shook his head.

"Don't Jungkook" Taehyung replied. "Just don't." He held his head low.

"I have to say it Tae. You have to know that someone is sorry for what happened" Jungkook explained. Taehyung looked back up with those huge deep eyes, on the verge of tearing once again. In telling his story, Taehyung made himself so vulnerable and Jungkook knew that his was truly in love with Taehyung right there and then. He was about to reach out to hold the older again but only to groan from pain in his head.

"Come on. Lay down" Taehyung instructed as he stood up to fluff Jungkook's pillow.

"Only if you lie down with me" Jungkook reached his hands up like a little child calling out for his teddy bear. Taehyung huffed and Jungkook just smirked as he felt the familiar warmth climb next to him. Jungkook immediately wrapped his arms around the older. The air was so comfortable between them that it made Jungkook feel sleepy once again

"Taehyung" Jungkook called with a sleepy voice. The older hummed. "I lov-"

"Don't" Taehyung interrupted bluntly. "I'm not ready." Jungkook understood completely and just let both of them lie in peace, holding each other. "Just go to sleep" Taehyung commanded.