Chapter 12 - Winter Festival Pt.3: The Date

(A/N: hey all. Sorry in advance for this chapter. It's pretty long so I've split it in two)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There he was, the male that controlled Jungkook's thoughts. Taehyung. After seeing the young male, he grinned with that cheeky smile of his and made his way over to the table. Jungkook noted how Taehyung's thin white jumper fitted him perfectly and the colour was the epitome of his innocence. His dark blue jeans hugged his legs snuggly. To Jungkook, Taehyung looked perfect like some winter fairy. Of course, to the younger one it was all complete with Taehyung's faultless face. Heat rose to Jungkook's cheeks, filling him with warmth at the other's presence.

"Hi Kookie" Taehyung greeted with that adorable smile of his as he sat down in front of Jungkook. Within a few days of speaking, Taehyung had already developed a nickname for the other. However every time he used it, Jungkook just blushed from not being used to it.

"H-hi Taehyung" Jungkook stuttered back. 'Damn why am I stuttering again?! Be a man Jungkook' he thought to himself. What followed were a few moments of silence. To Jungkook, it felt like eternity since hearing the other's voice when actually it was about a minute.

'Jungkook say something' the young male argued with himself. "Um, y-you look nice" he said. 'Nice?! That's all you could think of?! He looks gorgeous! Beautiful! He looks se—' Jungkook lectured himself mentally until Taehyung began to speak, cutting him from his inner conflict.

"T-thank you" Taehyung hesitated with a blush creeping onto his cheeks. "You look handsome" he complimented back. Jungkook just smiled sheepishly as a reply. Once again silence fell upon them again, both refusing to look into each other's eyes. "Thank you for asking me to come to this festival. I haven't had the chance to properly go out for some fun since I moved here" he said sweetly.

"Oh! It's okay" Jungkook replied, balling up his fists with nervousness.

"I guess we will get to know each other a little better in person then" Taehyung stated, smiling like it was second-nature.

"U-uh yeah" the younger one stuttered again. He looked to the clock in the shop seeing it read 6:15pm. "U-um, shall we go?" Jungkook asked his older friend, facing him.

"Oh you're right. I'd love to go" Taehyung said, getting excited. Jungkook couldn't help but grin widely on the inside seeing the other act this way. They both got up and made their way out the shop and walked to the festival.

The walk took a few minutes as the festival took place near the river not too far from the main city area. Of course, both the males engaged in small talk on their way as they were unsure how to speak to each other. On the phone they wouldn't stop conversing but being together in person was different, more personal. The evening air was crisp with frost. It gave the night a sense of magic. When arriving at the festival, both the two were hit with a wave of heat and warmth. There were stalls decorated with glowing yellow lights, filled with various trinkets and souvenirs available to buy. The smell of cookies, hot chocolate and various other items radiated from the area, filling the two with happiness as they stepped in and began to look around.

As they walked around, they saw all the different shops that all sold unique items. Gawking at the food that was in offer, grinning like idiots as the winter festive spirit swarmed within them. Every time Taehyung so much as glanced at something, Jungkook made sure they took a closer look. Just having these moments with him made Jungkook gain in confidence around the other male. Whenever they spoke, Jungkook didn't stutter as much. It warmed Jungkook to the core seeing Taehyung get happy over the festival. Practically most of the evening all Jungkook heard from the elder was "Kookie look at this! Oh wow!." There was one particular stall that they both were at. Taehyung was busy eyeing some of the souvenirs they sold. Jungkook just watched until something glistened in his eye from the lights that hung above them. He closed in on the shining object to see it was a necklace with a snowflake on it.