1

Valerie's POV~

My eyes lashed out like daggers towards the woman who dared accuse me of things I wasn't even completely capable of.

"Mrs.Edenfield care to explain?"

"I've done nothing!" I said raising my voice to the woman.

"I didn't say you did ma'am, but your son."

"Listen Mrs.Trinity just because you're the principal doesn't means you can offend me or my son."

"But I wasn't offending anyone?" Mrs.Trinity frowned. "All I ask is for an explanation. Your son Ryan has been bullying some of the students. Do you know why?" she quirked an eyebrow.

"No and it doesn't concern me at all," I answered crossing my legs and sitting up straight.

"Goodness! You're his mother of course this concerns you," Mrs.Trinity gasped.

"For your information Ryan has a father," I put on my best poker face. "And I'm a very busy woman," I said standing up and placing a hand on my hip. "Now may I be excused?"

"Oh Valerie why must you always be like this?" Mrs.Trinity gave a heavy sigh and practically slapped her forehead.

"I like the way I am," I smirked and flipped my hair. "You should be proud of me."

"I am," Mrs.Trinity gave a weak smile. "I remember when you were a student here and now look at you, married to a rich man with all the riches you could ever want.

"Then why are you complaining?" I leaned in towards her desk and glared into her simple brown eyes.

"I am not complaining. I simply believe you shouldn't behave like this."

"Behave?!" I gasped. "I'm not a child. I'm a grown woman and I believe I know how to raise my own child," I turned my back to her.

"Your child is not like you." Mrs.Trinity lowered her voice. "You shouldn't treat him like some type of animal or creature."

"Oh so now you are insulting me?!" I scoffed.

"Not at all," she kept her gaze on me. "All I'm saying is be careful, sooner or later someone will discover you. The real you that is."

"I'm perfectly capable of taking care of everything," I swung my purse onto my shoulder and headed towards the door.

"Valerie wait," she called.

I stopped and looked back.

"At least talk to Ryan," she said pressing her hands together like as though in prayer. "He needs a mother."

I looked up at the ceiling and gave out a heavy huff. The desperation to get out of her office was driving me crazy.

"Anything else?" I rolled my eyes.

"Take care," Mrs.Trinity went back to her seat. "Remember this is the modern world."

*******

"Who does she thinks she is?!" I yelled to myself as I got inside my small mini Cooper. "I'm Valerie Edenfield of course I would know how to take care of myself!" I stepped on the gas pedal.

Never in my life had I felt so insulted as I had today with Mrs.Trinity.

All because of my stupid child.

My eyes went to the rear view mirror and I couldn't help but smile, two small needle like fangs smiled back at me.

"You sure are a sexy mama," I winked at myself.