29 - YET TO BE REWRITTEN

Start from the beginning

I blink at it, at the white paint and the way it's almost falling off it's hinges, a look of complete surprise on my face.

What the..?

Slowly, I back away, just until my back hits the stair banister.

Does he know..?

-No way. How could he have found out?

"Sophie?"

Did Calum tell him?

"Sophie!"

My mom's loud voice is what snaps me out of my thoughts, and I find myself quickly spinning around to look down at her from the landing.

"Y-yeah?"

"Are you getting ready? We're leaving in like, two hours. I know how long it takes you to get ready."

"Uh, yeah, sure-"

"Tell Luke to get ready too, will you?"

"Uhm, okay."

"Thank you, honey."

Once she's back in the kitchen and I hear the door close, I quickly scurry to my own room, not wanting to be outside of Luke's any longer.

I slide down my bedroom door, trying to make sense of everything going on.

He's angry at you.

-I know that!

Oh, so you're not completely stupid.

-Obviously.

He's so, so mad at you.

He'll hate you forever.

-It wasn't my fault!

You're both at fault.

Luke's going to hate you forever.

All because you kissed Calum.

"Oh, my god." I sigh to myself, burying my head in my hands.

My eyes roam to the ceiling, my heart pounding at all of the possibilities if Luke actually did know about me and Calum.

I end picking up my phone and scrolling quickly through the contacts, before hovering my finger over Ashley's number.

Do you really want to tell her?

What if she thinks you're some slut?

You kissed your brother's best friend.

You kissed your boyfriend's best friend.

Shaking my head, I tap on the number, messages from our previous conversation popping up.

Hesitantly, my fingers skim over the keyboard.

Sophie
Ashley

Sophie
Ashley, I messed up so, so bad