"Are you alright?" Aston asked.

"Yeah I'm fine," I smiled.

"I told you Mum would look after you."

"Everyone is lovely."

"Thanks for coming babe."

"That's alright. I'm glad you asked me now I've met everyone."

"I knew you'd fit in that's why I asked, it will be fun."

"Do you think they believe we're just friends?"

"Yeah, It was a bit awkward but I think we've pulled it off."

Parking just a few metres from the club we walked to the entrance and wandered inside trying to find everyone. Towards to back of the room Siobhan stood talking to the manager checking if everything is ready before the guests arrive, the door just behind her reading private function.

"Enjoy your evening, if you need anything else our staff will happily assist you," the man in a crisp white shirt smiled.

"Thank you. Oh Aston, come inside, look!"

Balloons pinned on every wall with an arch over the top table, streamers, banners and decorations hanging pretty in pink, the lights bouncing from the dance floor with the DJ set in the corner, the club has done an amazing job! I walked up to the top table admiring the cake standing two tiers tall.

"Aston, look at the cake," I said beckoning him over.

"It's nice isn't it?" Siobhan smiled.

"It's incredible!"

"Oh wow, she'll love that."

Again pink, there's a chanel bag made from icing sitting on top with the contents spilling out to the second tier, from a compact mirror to lipstick and mascara everything is edible, it really does look amazing!

It's just an hour later the party has already kicked off. Surrounded by people I've only just met, or some I haven't had a chance to meet, I'm starting to fit in just like they said I would with a glass of vodka and coke in my hand. Courtney beaming ear to ear pottered over in her six inch heels and sat down on the seat Aston left just moments ago.

"I'm all for fashion but these are killing me!" she groaned releaving her feet for a few minutes.

"I remember the feeling well."

"I should have played safe and wore wedges, although that would have been the third pair I'd have tried on tonight. Dad will tell you that."

Chuckling I looked at my feet.

"What size are you?"

"Six."

"Wear mine, they're the comfiest pair I own."

"Are you sure? these are awful."

"I'm sure. I'm used to wearing heels and I can you're not going to last another hour in yours nevermind all night."

Slipping off my wedges with a T-Bar front I swapped them with Courtney's studded stiletto heels.

"Thank you, don't let me forget at the end of the night."

"When she says forget she means sneak off and hope you won't remember," Aston said smiling in front of us.

"They are gorgeous," she giggled.

"If I didn't love them so much myself you could have had kept them."

"Why do you wear them if they hurt so much?" Aston asked.