Life (Requested)

Requested by: @Aisu_Tamashii
Ayato x Dying!Reader | Angst

◎◎◎◎◎

"Hey there, (Name)." I mumbled as I held her slim hands into mine. Her soft breathing, together with the electrocardiogram beeping beside her, resonated inside the room.

"...Hey." She faintly replied as she trembled to touch my cheeks. Her soft pale hands rubbing against my skin, creating the warmth that I've been searching for.

"How're you?" I struggled not to stutter, afraid that she might open her eyes and see my already tear-stained ones.

She smiled. "I'm fine. I've missed you Ayato."

The way my name rolled on the tip of her tongue, I shuddered as I buried my face on her stomach. "You're so thin. Did they not feed you well?"

A soft chuckle. She started to laugh as she slowly caressed my locks. "Idiot. Ofcourse they won't do that."

"I'm just woried." A lot.

I leaned in as I planted a kiss on her forehead, just then, I heard footsteps coming towards her room. Panicking, I didn't want to let her hands go, but she quickly shoved me away and I got no choice. I gave her a quick peck in the lips before letting myself escape through the window.

As I let myself perch on a tree branch, I saw the nurse enter her room. She changed the IV drop into a new one before checking her. I let out a deep sigh before leaving and hunting for food. I'll come back at midnight, that's what I told her.

As the night approaches fast, I quickly head towards the hospital, a bouquet of (Favorite Flowers) in my hands. I entered her open window and saw that she has been waiting. I smiled as I handed her the bouquet, seeing how the ends of her lips curl up into a beautiful smile.

"Thank you." She held out her hands, inviting me into a hug. As I wrapped my arms on her frail body, I heard her soft sobs on my shoulder.

They were muffled as she tried her best to lessen down her tone. "It's fine." I whispered as I rub circles on her back, making her release those cries. She gripped the coat I was wearing as she buried herself into my body.

"I'm sorry. I'm s-so sorry."

She keeps on repeating those, it grew to be a hateful word for me. I let my tears slide sown my cheeks as well, as I hold her close to me. Afraid that if I let go, I would lose her forever.

I didn't know when, how, or why. I woke up to the sunlight peeking through the window and the chirping of birds. I glanced to my side and saw her perfectly beautiful face, smiling as always. I slightly shifted my arm and ran a hand on her cheeks, that's when my wholebeing frozed.

"(Name)?" I mumbled, shaking her a little.

No response.

"(Name)?!" I keep on shaking her, feeling the coldness of her skin against mine. I shook my head to prevent such negative thoughts popping through my head. Tears started to fall from my eyes as I continually call her.

After a few minutes, even if I try to wipe away my tears, they still continue to fall. I let out a loud scream, gathering the attention of all hospital staff. As the nurses and doctors rushed in, they checked her pulse and declared that she was long gone.

Last night, as I held her tight, she felt that it was the end for her. I watched as all of them took their exit as I went closer to her corpse.

"(Name)..." Grabbing the white blanket, I draped it over body as I proceed to carry her. I kick the glass window as I took a leap out of the building, with her in tow. I head straight to Aogiri Tree's Hideout and asked Eto for a burial.

Clad in a black suit, I watched as her coffin was buried deep within. I placed a piece of her (Favorite Flower) and watered the land with my tears.

"Goodbye, (Name)..."

Today, I just lost my life.